26/27 pickup bed advice sought

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26/27 pickup bed advice sought
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

I have a pretty decent pickup bed. Green, believed to be original paint. I see prices from $395 through $1995 for rusty ones on ebay. Need advice on two things.... I am going to start parting out some of my collection to raise money to properly complete my grandfathers car and bring it back where it should be.

First, what is a fair price for a solid 26/27 bed and tail gate.

Second, should I sell separate, or put on a running chassis and sell as a project car? I have a touring cut off that is sandblasted, hood, and some other 26 stuff to convert a touring cut off into a pickup and can out on a running chassis to get started. What is a fair price for that option? Meaning, chassis, wheels, engine, body and pickup. Last I knew a running chassis was about $1500 but that was a long time ago and prices have gotten stupid..... I have no idea anymore..

Looking for prices, and if anyone is interested let me know. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

One picture didn't load....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 07:04 pm:

Other option, is to put the two halves of the body back together if someone is interested in a touring body 26/27. Simply sawzall'd in half, lines match up...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

Matt: What are you showing in the first picture?
The second picture shows a twisted and bent bed. Is that correct or is it distorted in the picture? It is impossible to price based on those pictures. Sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

First picture is the rear of the cut off touring body laying on its side. This stuff is in the dry cellar so not much room for pictures at the moment.

The bed is flat and straight, just a weird illusion from standing up.

I'm just kicking around different ideas and options, what would be the better choice and easier sale. Just looking for ballparks, not exact pricing based on my lousy pictures. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:50 am:

I'd sell the complete Touring body as one lot and the pickup bed as another. I think you'd have more buyers interested in them that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:58 am:

Im with Mike. Sell the body as one lot and the bed as another. We need better pics to give a good price guess. Do you have the doors for the body. That makes a real big difference in price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Pickup beds can get pretty beat up, but not impossible to find. There are two different pickup beds used in '26. 1925's are even harder to find in good shape. Ford really did make a special roadster body for the pickup in '26.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 11:39 am:

I have a 26 bed with the front stake pockets at the front corners that I bought over five years ago for $500.00 and had shipped from Palmdale, CA to Houston, TX. I didn't discover until it was blasted that it has pin hole rust on the bottom of both rolled edges at the top of the bed. Fixable, as I was going to make it into a trailer anyway. I HAD a 26-27 running chassis, complete with radiator shell, radiator, nice wood spoke wheels, usable tires, 26-27 fenders, running boards and splash aprons that were so nice, I could have sold them as NOS, that I bought locally from a hot rodder who bought the coupe for just the body. I paid $2,500 for all. FYI, if it helps any at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Most T pickup beds I've seen at the swap meets start around 400-500 up. I would think around 600.00.00 or more for a mid-condition that's complete.

If you go by the Ebay prices better add close to 100.00 for shipping and handling if you want to buy it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

John, if you buy on Ebay, due to their shipping policy, you'll have to add a lot more than $100.00 for shipping. Keep in mind the fees that forum members are complaining about for items, smaller and lighter than a pickup bed. UPS and FedEx are pricing themselves out of the business. Fastenal, if there are in the pickup and delivery area, are the only viable choice and they are getting higher with the other two shippers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Have many pictures to help figure out what the value might be. Granted, not in sun light, but shows the rust spots. Overall the tailgate is straight and not banged up at all. The sides are straight, but passenger side has some cancer. Surface rust, and again, I think it's original paint and never done over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

more pics surface rust on tailgate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

more....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

last batch... any price suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Getting rid of all my 26 stuff. There's a lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Matt,

Give me a call at 319-430-4995. Mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration