Some Ts at Hershey in 1975

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Some Ts at Hershey in 1975
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

Hi,
Today I came across these photos I took at Hershey in 1975 and I thought they might be of interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane - I was 17 in 1975. I wanted a model T since I was eight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

One more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Thanks for sharing- miss those plaid pants!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

Can anyone tell what state the license plates show on the blue pie wagon ?

In the late '60's or early '70's my uncle George Teters built a car that looked very much like this one. Lived in Phoenix, AZ. I only saw pictures of his car, but it could be the same one.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

Great photos, thanks for sharing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

The plates on the blue wagon are from the Peoples Republic of New Jersitan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

The vintage and state plate are both from NJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

The 1909 touring was restored by Don Estep from Middletown De. I helped a little. The car was bought by Elmo and Barbara Wurderman. The car is at the Piquette Museum at present. It is on loan
by the wurderman's son.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

Thanks for the plate I.D. I'm sure Uncle George's car was still in the family (in AZ) in 1975, so it's not the same car.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

Cool pictures. Thanks for sharing!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 03:54 am:

The long hair and bell bottoms bring back some memories too. Great pictures Will. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 08:12 am:

Hershey 75 was my first introduction to Model T's. I restored and sold cars to pay for the cars I wanted for my collection. At the time I was looking for a Ford V-8 Station wagon to restore and resell. Not finding what I wanted, I came across this 14. I didn't know anything about T's, but it appeared all original, and looked like an easy restoration. It was also a thousand dollars cheaper than a very amateurish 15 restoration that was in the next row. There was also a mint 56 Crown Vic. It was the same price as the 14. I was very tempted to buy that, but I knew if I did I wouldn't sell it, so I bought the 14. After I bought I kept going over to the space it was on to check it out. I was getting hooked. Before I left Hershey I knew I would never sell it, and also knew I would never restore it. After I got it home, I did very little to get it running, and drove it 10 years before I became a member of the two piece crank shaft club. Noticed the original color of the 14 dash under the hood. Of course I still have this car, in the last three summers we have put over 10,000 miles on it.As you can see in the picture, Hershey didn't disappoint, it rained!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration