Old Photo - Model T Era - Motor Commercial Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era - Motor Commercial Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

I believe the cars parked in the street are Buicks. But the cars behind them on the sidewalk, with the cyclops headlamps in the middle of the radiator shells, are 1915 Briscoes. Very rare, and not particularly good, cars with papier-mâché bodies. I wonder what the little cycle-car in back is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

And what is that car up front on the right? It certainly looks like this pic I posted earlier today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

i think if you blow up the pic you will see a olds hub cap on the frt car. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

Anyone got an idea what the "sign" is out on the pole ? Looks like a series of
photographs. Several look like photos of people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 11:28 pm:

The car on the right of the first photo is a 1915 Cadillac. Lots of brand new 1915 cars. Any idea where it was taken?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 12:06 am:

Burger, the sign looks to me like it has individually framed letters which spell "GARAGE." It also looks like the painted letters have bled through quite a bit from the other side, so perhaps the sign is some sort of porous fabric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:17 am:

"Hey boys...When your done with that packing crate just throw it over in the neighbors yard!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:45 am:

dont look like a cad hub cap to me?? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:01 am:

I think Tim is right about the pole sign saying G A R A G E. My guess is that the letters are painted in a variety of colors that don't all contrast well in a black & white photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Ah, yes ... now it looks obvious. Thanks for adjusting my eyes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

The car in the building could be a White touring but not clear enough to be sure. The windshield makes it several years older than the other cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James L. Bodkin - Jim on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

What kind of tires are on the rear of the photo that Dave posted?. Looks like the ribs are integral to the tire.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

James B, Those are probably tire chains on the rear of that second photo. Chains were used more for mud than they were for snow in those days.
Lots of neat cars in these photos!
Thank you all.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration