Model N Parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model N Parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist- New Zealand on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 12:21 am:

These parts are available on a New Zealand Auction site. There is shipping to factor in but the US dollar is very strong here so in your favour

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/vintage-parts/other/auctio n-979201514.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

What would these weigh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Don't forget the time difference! It's 4:45PM US west coast time Nov 13 here and 1:45PM Nov 14 there (tomorrow). :-) Karl may be out for the afternoon, it's Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist- New Zealand on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

The seller and I have had contact and he does not wish to sell these parts overseas at this time and is unhappy that I drew peoples attention to his auction . Fortunately as I have learned overseas bidders can't bid on the auction site so this won't happen. I thought I was helping him and the hobby by connecting sellers and buyers but the seller does not see it like this. I told him I would remove this post but unfortunately I can't do this. I apologise to him and any potential buyer I have given false hope to. Some days you just can't win! -Karl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 01:18 am:

Well that narrows his market to who ever owns a model N in NZ, how many fingers do you need to count them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 03:25 am:

First seller I've heard of that doesn't want folks to know he's sellin' something! This forum reaches folks in NZ too!
Are there enough N cars in NZ to use these parts? After all, they weren't "native" to NZ!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist- New Zealand on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 05:00 am:

I know David I find it all a bit strange! Its not as though I was gaining anything from posting the link other than the satisfaction of possibly helping someone .I wish him the best for his auction but as Frank says he is fishing in a very small pool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 05:00 am:

Karl G, Thanks for the effort. But some days, no good deed goes unpunished.
I really would like to start picking up a bunch of NRS parts. I figure I have put about ten model Ts together over the years. Maybe I should up my game?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Wayne how about thinking outside the box there are a lot of good overlands out there to fix up. most are cheaper than fords!!!!!!!!! Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

"After all, they weren't "native" to NZ!"

Well, actually:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Karl,

Thank you for sharing the information. And as Rob pointed out, Ford of Canada supplied New Zealand. Ford of Canada had been exporting the Ford cars to New Zealand since the 1905 Model C. Of course not as many of the Fords were sold there as in the USA, but still a popular car.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration