Firing up the 25 sitting since 63

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Firing up the 25 sitting since 63
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Stolpestad on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

Wife says get it running and take her mom for a ride. We will see. Engine redone and not run since 63 when my uncle tore the old T down for restoration. He passed away before he could finish completing only the drivetrain and engine. My aunts, aunt bought this brand new so its been in the family most of its life. My aunt asked me if I wanted it back in 1980, but being freshly married I declined. (Broke and looking to finish school) The T went up for sale and was bought by a man in ND, About a year and a half ago my aunts daughter called and said she had bought the T back from the gentleman who purchased at auction, and would I be interested in getting my hands on it. I used to enjoy riding in the old T when I was a youngster, and helping my uncle work on the many old cars he was restoring. He got me hooked on cars. Well the old T is in the garage needing a interior, a couple of tires and such. Pulled the pan last Thursday hoping to find nothing bad and to my amazement it was clean as a whistle. Threw in some ne plugs, wires, and battery. Flushing gas Saturday and hoping to fire it up. If anyone wants to come help feel free and I believe there may be some refreshments available. In Annandale, at the farm.

Craig 763-222-7737

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Minnesota is crawling with Model T people, so you should be able to get some help. I don't know if you have any Model T experience (they're different), but you may find something useful here: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

Welcome to the affliction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

Craig,

I would love to help, but tomorrow there is a large T swap meet in Owatonna, where the majority of the T people will be; including me. Call if it won't run and you need more help; or email

Andy
320-293-19fivethree
or
aloso@qdotcom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:10 pm:

Darn it Craig, you picked the wrong day. I was focused on heading down to Owatonna tomorrow but now I'm having second thoughts. So here's my thoughts, I probably won't go to Owatonna tomorrow. I don't think my back could hold up to the drive. I will however attempt to stay close to the phone if you'd need to call. Maybe I could be persuaded to drive to your place if I'm feeling up to it. (This dang back pain is miserable!) (320) 290 2 four 8 six. Text or phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Go for it Craig. I got my Dad's 19 that had been in storage since 1964 a few years ago.

It is the best thing that happened to our family.
It ties us to the past
I would be there in a Cincinnati minute if I were closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Stolpestad on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

Thanks to all...I will keep you all updated. And yes, I may call as these are new to me. Used to A's and old British cars. Trying to complete a Midget with a better running gear. Well maybe not better.... a Rotary swap.... But the T has some important family ties and good history to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Craig best of luck with the T! My T has also been in the family since new. Mine was parked in 1942 because of the war and I got it running again 69 years later in 2010, wish my grandpa saw it roar back to life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

Come on Craig - they are called Spidgets.
Sprites and Midgets were the same except for the name.

In the 80's it was almost impossible for me to get into one unless the top was down.

If we compare a Spidget to a Model T it is like comparing algebra to addition.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration