OT Paris bombings and hostages

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Paris bombings and hostages
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Horrible things happening in France.
People need our prayers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

It gets no better!
Survivors being executed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Sounds like Middle East action to me...10 guesses as to who the responsible parties are? Bet you only need 1...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Max L. Christenson on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

Muslims. Did I guess wrong? I think not. Winner, winner, bacon dinner. Ha, ha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

Yep Max, you're right. This is only the tip of the iceberg..but I'm not going to get into the politics of it all. All I will say is, the world's going to hell in a handbasket!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Don't need any guesses.
Civilized societies are under attack by those that say they hate us.

When will we stop hiding under the illusion that people don't mean what they say?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

And we all know who these folks are that are the terrorists. It takes a while for the truth to sink in. When will people wake up____________________

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

It can't be...Obumbler said that ISIS was the "JV TEAM".....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

The USA was the "sleeping giant in the early days of WWII. Don't know if anything can wake us up this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

That will happen here, the very minute we allow our firearms to be confiscated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Our new Prime Minister wants to pull Canadian Forces out do Syria.....what a cluster.

My prayers and thoughts with all those affected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

Glad I picked up another SKS.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

I think some psychological warfare is in order. We should announce that all ammunition issued to our military will be coated with bacon grease and that the bodies of every terrorist killed will be smeared with bacon grease before burial (or other disposal). Then we go to a meat wholesaler and buy lots of pig carcasses, which we drop in large numbers on every ISIS-controlled village. Any captured terrorist will get a pork diet for three meals a day, force-fed if necessary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

I hope we wake up.

But it may not until something like this happens in Boston, New York, Chicago, LA, Dallas, Denver, etc.
How could I forget? It already happened in Boston and Washington called it an isolated incident while people died.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

Dick,

+1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

Everyone knows that it is Islamic terrorists except Obama. Why isn't the worthless United Nations marching in mass force into Syria and Iraq and wiping out Isis ounce and for all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

OK guys.
Please be careful. We don't want to get deleted.

But it gives me hope when I realize that some people realize what is really happening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Maybe it's time to call upon the services of the two diplomats who ended WWII- namely "Fat Man and Little Boy".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

So, I wonder WHEN it is going to happen here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

I suspect these animals will keep hammering Europe where they already have a strong foothold and once they have the upper hand there they will come after us. These are mad dogs but they are methodical and are not in a hurry. They don't care if it takes a hundred years to win and they know that we have very little patience and lack the resolve they have. We either have to act quickly and brutally to wipe them out or be prepared to bleed to death slowly. Unfortunately, our record in that regard is pretty pathetic and they know it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

Watch Europe collapse here....

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/11/watch-anti-migrant-video-going-viral- across-europe/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

I will turn 80 in 2040. Should I make it to 80, that leaves 25 years. Looks to me like I
will get off this bus just before it goes over the cliff.

I went to AFG to be one of those who can say they "walked the walk". When the jews
of Europe (and beyond) were threatened with annihilation, we mobilized and in less than
a year from landing at Normandy, one of the most elite fighting forces the world has ever
known (and the "machine" behind it) was scorched from the earth. Yet strangely, we can't
seem to be able to find our own bellybutton these days.

Given our current "headless" status of quagmire social disunity, I see no hope of this
rectifying itself before stuff like this Paris incident comes home to U.S. locations. But
even then, with our "can't be inconvenienced", Disneyland mentality, I suspect even then
our social discord will have us all fighting on who will drive when we just need to get the
car off the railroad tracks before the train hits us !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

Gotta love the French....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iQ2cHuZ0xE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Who was it that pulled out of Iran too early, directly giving birth to ISIS? Could a bunch of these murders be laid at his feet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Folks it already happened here,Remember 9-11?
It caused America to wake up in the middle of the night,pass gas really loud and go back to sleep.
In other words it didn't wake us up for the days work ahead.
I won't say much else except prayers are in order and it could very well be here in America Saturday evening at a movie theater near you.It is not a matter of if it will happen,it is a matter of when.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Back during WWII when the British were in the Middle East, they had a lot of their supply dumps raided and valuable munitions pilfered usually during the night. Until they started coating everything with hog fat. All the pilfering and raids stopped almost immediately.

Dick lodge is right, we have to play to their weakness, and their weakness is their religion. It's the basis of their entire philosophical angst against us.

But of course we're too "civilized" to stoop to that sort of thinking aren't we?

Oh by the way, civilized societies don't require laws and rules to live by, because to be contrary to their lifestyle goes against their very nature.

Ordered societies, require laws and rules to keep everybody in line and behave civilly to each of it's members.

Which one do you think we are?

Never confuse Civilized for Civil, they are the same, they're not even in the same mindset.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

I agree with Mac it already happened

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

Why France? It's a question that bugs me...they're innocuous, lots of peaceful people and just about nobody in Paris has a gun...hmmm...I wonder...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

We should have turned Afghanistan into a lake when we had the chance.

(Message edited by ccwken on November 13, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

Martin, France has been an ally involved in bombing missions inside Syria, that's why they are a target. Thoughts and prayers tonight for the French people and for all the victims of this cowardly act. We in the U.S. have had a very rocky relationship with France over the years, and deservedly so, but lets remember that without the help of the French during some very trying times in our fight for independence, it might not have happened at all. Hope we all stick with them, the way they did for us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, November 13, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

Yeah; if it wasn't for the French, we'd be using the metric system and flooding TV with every goings on with the royalty. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 12:09 am:

I live ten miles North of the second largest Moslem population in the United States. The largest is 70 miles away. This is the result of a very liberal political history and specific organized religious groups in this state. But what really pisses me off, more than anything else, is the fact the GOP refuses to financially back competent candidates in the up coming cluster ___, and the DFL no longer exists. All the fear and warnings and crap that reared its ugly head as speculation following the election in 2008 is coming true! I remain locked and loaded and will react accordingly when they attempt to disarm me and when these terrorist SOB's come up the road. I might be a little crazy but I'm not scared. I've been to battle before and I'll go again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 12:39 am:

What amazes me is that people don't think this is a religious war & don't understand that the basic Muslim religion is not compatible with a civilized world.
And, yes, this goes against the modern thinking that "we should all get along." And also against the idea of turning the other cheek, but I see no other answer to the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen 40 miles west of chicago on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 02:06 am:

Way to turn an honest message of hope and support into an open discussion of who you don't like and politics. Great job. Really reflects well on the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen 40 miles west of chicago on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 02:12 am:

I came to this OT thread to offer support to our allies, but was hit by a wave of hate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 02:19 am:

I hate cancer. And I hate the way humans are so fundamentally tribalistic and violent.

I see, Chris, that you are well versed in the modernspeak of buzzwords like "hate".
This is not hate. This is just open discussion of various factors involved in our world today.
But thanks for playing ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 02:33 am:

Ahh but we are using the metric system Ken...our money system has always been metric.

I suspect this isn't the end of it either, these attacks are in all probability the work of one cell/group of dim bulbs. And just how many of these turkey's there are is anybodies guess.

But Europe better wake up and smell the coffee, because hell's come to dinner and I think they're planning on staying through breakfast...the problem is where and when they'll be next. Which I think would depend largely upon what they're trying to accomplish...terror for terror's sake, vendetta for some supposed offense against their religion or demoralize the world one nation at a time, take your pick, it's a grab bag of possibilities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen 40 miles west of chicago on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 02:36 am:

You go believing that. Keep the spin going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 03:06 am:

My mindset is more akin to something Mark Twain said expect the worst and if or when it doesn't happen be pleasantly surprised, which I'm fully prepared to be. But until that happy time, I'll keep my powder dry. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition, the saying goes...it's best to be prepared. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 04:03 am:

Chris,
In one respect, you are right, this did start out simply asking for prayers and support for our French Allies, and we Do send prayers and hopes for them.
But we do also worry about what will happen next, and the direction the world seems to be taking.
I'd rather hide in my garage working on my T, but I suppose even that activity may be at risk nowadays. I meant no hate in my message, just fear for the danger the civilized & free world is in. War is Hell & no one wants it, but sometimes it is forced upon us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 04:14 am:

The interesting thing about the current Middle East crisis is that countries which are supposed to be allied and friends to the USA and Australia (such as NATO member Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and other Arab Gulf nations) are supporting ISIS and what I call "moderate terrorists" in Syria and Iraq with weapons and $$$. There are NO moderate pro-western Syrian rebels except those flying around Europe staying at 5* hotels.
Whilst Iran, Iranian backed Hezbollah, Iranian backed Shia militias, and Russia, the traditional enemies and rivals of the USA, are have "boots on the ground" (advisors and combat troops) and warplanes dropping bombs on the jihadists. Iran has been even using ageing US built F4s to bomb ISIS in Iraq sharing the skies with US and Aussie warplanes. It's almost certain that both the Syrian and Iraqi governments would have fallen by now without Iranian and Russian support leaving a large part of the Middle East under the control of people who behead US citizens as well as women and children. If the Assad government falls in Syria and the country is taken over by terrorists or moderate terrorists it's only a matter of time until the USA will have to launch a major invasion like it did in Afghanistan. Assad is no Pope Francis but he is no less evil than the current dictators ruling Egypt and Saudi Arabia; both of whom are regular visitors to the White House.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 09:33 am:

This is a real horror. It makes me wonder if their policing efforts aren't as good as ours because if those thugs could to that here they would have by now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:00 am:

You know Charlie, you may, probably are, right but; they might also be planning and putting together their biggest attack for those they hate the most.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:06 am:

I really don't understand it. ( Honestly I don't think they understand it themselves. Just following orders? ) We're supposed to be the big devil and they hit other countries. Do you suppose the fact that they can literally walk to these places has any thing to do with it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:16 am:

It is our fault for abandoning Iraq and most of Afghanistan. With our open border policy it will only be a matter of when it happens here, not if.

When we want to get serious about stopping terrorism in the USA we will have to first secure our own borders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:25 am:

Yes,the original poster intended for this to be a thread of thoughts and prayers for the victims in france. I hope it does not get to far off track.

yes I would say France was a easy target because of how close it is to the cancerous tumor of the middle east but

Remember why Japan did not invade the mainland US?
I can't quote it but it seems like it was related to the fact that behind every blade of grass was someone with a gun ready to defend their freedom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:50 am:

As much as I respect French British and a few other countries the thought of a visit from home is out of the question as far as safety goes. America appears to be heading for the same down fall that an ocean apart now means nothing with our current leaders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Hansen on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 11:18 am:

There are two kinds of Muslims
The Moderate and the radical
The Radical wants to kill you
The Moderate wants the Radical to kill you

IMO--until they revise the Koran there can be no change in the Muslim religion beliefs--It is their duty to destroy non believers

Peaceful Muslims is a wet dream, if one observes his environment in the coming future his/her chances of survival increases

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Hope on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 11:44 am:

ISIS numbers are between 30 - 50 thousand. The number of Muslims in the world are more than 2 BILLION, almost a third of the world population. ISIS game plan is to draw western countries, primarily U.S., into a war with other Muslim countries thereby leading to our bankruptcy. This would then lead to their version of the apocalypse and their caliphate leading the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

History repeats itself because we never learn from the past! You cannot ignore or appease people like this. The only thing they understand is brute force and they view anything less as a sign of weakness to take advantage of. There is only one way to deal with this problem and it requires a massive and continued assault until they have been totally defeated. You don't let a mad dog roam the streets but that is exactly what we are doing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

MARCH 23, 2015
(Washington, DC) Judicial Watch today released 76 pages of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) documents revealing that as of April 26, 2014, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) had released 165,900 convicted criminal aliens throughout the United States, including many convicted of such violent crimes as homicide, sexual assault, kidnapping, and aggravated assault. (Reports recently detailed that ICE released another 30,000 in the most recent fiscal year, which brings the grand total of known criminals released by the Obama administration to 195,900.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

This Texas Sheriff sounds like he's ready for ISIS.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3785208985001/texas-sheriff-issues-warning-to-terrori sts/?#sp=show-clips

He better be as he's probably put himself on an ISIS "Hit List" with the interview:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/13/world/isis-militants-american-targets/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

Chris,

I started this thread because of concern for the people in France.
And as this has unfolded the source of terror in France is clear.

Hate is a very strong and emotionally charged word.
I don't read hate in what people HERE are saying.
I read concern as to when those that say they hate the U.S. will bring their terrorism to our soil.
I also read concern that our present leaders are allowing dangerous people to enter our country.

The dangerous people we are dealing with think nothing of chopping off the heads of innocent people, or killing people at concerts, while they dine, and at sporting events.
They are bent on destroying anyone that does not believe the way they do!

People call them radical Muslims but they are not radical, they are fundamental Muslims that follow the Koran -
It is not a religion of peace.
The fruit of their belief is intolerance of others, death to innocent people, the killing of Christians, subjugation of women, and the goal to eliminate the West.

On the other hand Judo-Christian ethics do not ask that we destroy those who don't believe the same as us. It it centered on forgiveness, tolerance, love, and respect for others.

We need to pray for those in France, our country, and our families,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

Fred, and others this is mu only post here thou I have stopped in to read at least 3 times. 98% of every thing here I can agree with. Payers to the people of France. Payers to peoples on out shore as our time is has yet to happen, and though I remember 9/11 very well what may happen next here may not hurt as many in as short a time it will cover a larger scope.
Have never meet a Muslim in a Model T or any other auto related interest. This speaks volumes to me. How can one enjoy/respect others when you have no idea how to enjoy life/others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

You can't make this stuff up. France is saying that the terrorists were part of the refugees coming through Greece. And our bumbler in chief is rushing to admit more Syrian garbage into our country.

Nov 6, 2015 Reuters:
"The Obama administration is moving to increase and accelerate the number of Syrian refugees who might be admitted into the United States by opening new screening outposts in Iraq and Lebanon, administration officials told Reuters on Friday. The move comes after President Barack Obama pledged in September to admit an additional 10,000 Syrian refugees in 2016, torn by four years of civil war and disorder."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

I guess when a person wants to defend our country
and its values and principles are threatened by a group of people who really HATE us and I mean really HATE us I begin to wonder when we the defenders are targeted as haters.

Some folks just really don't get it and that's to bad for our country.
It is later than we think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

You need to read about Darius and the Scythians in 300BC. This middle east is the modern equivalent. This is not a war where you can send in masses of troops and expect to win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

It wasn't too many years ago, that Protestants and Catholics were killing each other. There is still too much distrust between Christians and Jewish, even though they both grew out of the same Old Testament. All religions need to grow and develop over time, or there will never be peace for any of them. We all still have a long ways to go.
Hundreds of millions of mostly decent, good, Muslims need to stop protecting the radical fundamentalists Muslims who are willing to destroy their own in order to hide behind them. As long as they protect the evil that hides behind the Muslim name, they themselves further the hate, and the destruction, that can destroy all the good in the world.
Good Christians and good Muslims can be good friends. There is no good reason that they should not be.
That is my take on it. And I don't see any hate in most of the posts above this one.
My prayers go out for every good person in the world.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

Wayne, you make a good point. Nothing stands still. Everything is always evolving. All large
religions of the world were born of a time when humans were all just small, isolated "tribes in the
desert". It was easy to have strong offensive and defensive beliefs as part of each religion, as
the expanses between groups minimized accidental contact and "peace" prevailed more as a
matter of accident or circumstances that intent.

With a world population MILLIONS of times what it was in the days of Christ or Mohammed,
all these different believers are forced to rub elbows, yet no adjustment has been made to the
"neighborliness" of some groups, and thusly we see what we are seeing today. Strange as it may
seem to some, many in this world find going backward a safer and more orderly, attractive option
to moving forward into an unknown future.

I find it odd, in a philosophical sense, how the west raised up so overwhelmingly against what
was perceived as the "Nazi threat", yet we seem utterly bewildered by what we are seeing today.
We readily struck up against Nazis, yet plain old ethnic germans were not necessarily tossed in
the same bunch. So, why the inability to differentiate between radicals and regulars today ???
And now we have in our own ranks, these folks who want to label anyone who even talks about
it as "haters" !

Where is the disconnect ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

Ted,
I had to ask my resident expert about Darius and Scythians.
She gave me an answer and then made me look it up on the Internet.
I would be as smart as her if I could remember what I read. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Hope on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

Well said Wayne. We can't be at war with billions of people. People tend to take from religion what they want. If you want to stone people, or keep people in slavery, there's a passage for it. In the Bible or the Quran.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

What you say about Germans/Nazis and our ability to differentiate is true. I believe that differentiation was possible because Germans and "Americans" are substantially of the same color, religion, and social custom.

We certainly were unable to make that same differentiation in the identical situation with the Japanese. They were different in race, religion and social custom, therefore we feared them, so we rounded them up and locked them in camps.

Some sociologists have said that we all have an inherited fear of people from different "tribes". This, they say, goes back to prehistoric times when one tribe would attack another, kill the men and take the women and children. Over the millennia we developed an inherent fear of those different than ourselves due to these raids. This, allegedly, is the fundamental basis of racial prejudice and others.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I do believe that we largely fear those who are different than ourselves and fear of each other is our worst enemy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

If you don't know this about Islam you should:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/6073/what-is-salafism-and-should-we-be-worri ed-by-it

Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

Wayne,
Most of the religious wars were actually political in the name of religion.

As for Jews vs Christians - As a Christian I honor the laws of the Old Testament and freedom of the New Testament, so I am in accord with most Jewish people.

As for "good Christians and good Muslims" you need to define good.
Is it based on Judo-Christian ethics or Muslin ethics?
They are in opposition to each other, so please define your definition of good.
I'll wager that it is based on a Judo- Christian viewpoint.

To put this in perspective, I once worked with someone from Egypt that believed that it was OK to claim that someone else's work was his.
We would call it plagiarism, but he said that it was OK.

We need to understand the meaning of the words that people use.
What you think they are saying may not be what they mean.

For example a political candidate says that the can fix it!
Does that mean that he can fix something that is broken or he can make a fix happen as in arranging a coverup?

Of course then there are outright lies that the public swallows like a bad drug and the media overlooks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

You make a good point Fred -

What do words mean to different people?

A famous person once said "I did not have sex with that woman" (What do you mean by "sex"?)

And recently, another famous person said:
"ISIS Is Not Getting 'Stronger,' We Have 'Contained' Them." Wonder what is meant by "contained"?

Words have different meanings to different people at different times:

coke - hits - ad nauseum...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Our country trained & put into power:

Castro
Sadam Hussein
Osama Bin Laden

Countless others ...

The only thing warring factions hate more than each other is a foreign nation on their homeland.

We , as a nation, have still not learned to stay out of other culture's politics & faith.

There is no blood spilled worth the oil or wealth gained by our action outside the geographical boundaries of our country.

Seem our country will never learn ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

nazi's were mentioned earlier here. I had relatives of the greatest generation in WW2. Several were in positions of command and reorganization.

The very day after the fall of Hitler, they all said you could not find a nazi in Germany. They all crawled under rocks and just disappeared like rats in daylight. You could not find anyone that admitted they were part of Hitler's atrocities.

The same would happen if radical muslims are wiped out. They would shed their black uniforms and quickly jump into their white dresses, and say 'not me", as the splineless wonders they really are.

They have no backbone and operate on fear and under the cloak of back ally hoodlumism. These barbarians have no mission but to create havoc and destroy the natural order of the real world. Just another religious war. Those people there have been killing each other for 1000's of years over religion.

If you go back in history you will find every war ever fought was over religion in one form or another. If you have fleas you eradicate them, if you have rats you eradicate them, if you have extreamist muslims you eradicate them. Pure and simple they as a sub human group the only thing they will understand strength and brute force. Overwhelming strength is what ended the war with Japan,2 bombs and they saw the light.

As for the "brain?" trust in DC, they ain't got a clue. Nobama had the noose around their neck and let them out, but did I not read he's a muslim? too. Enough said.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Already too late for europe, Probably.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

Kep.
Not probably.
People need to get their heads out of the sand and read "While Europe Slept. How radical Islam is destroying the West from within."

All the discussions about Christians, Muslims, Hitler, etc will mean very little when we experience Paris like incidences in our cities.
How will we feel when our family members are being murdered at the mall?
What will we think when we see hundreds dying at a major sporting event?
Will we care what name they go by when Americans are dying at the hands of terrorists in our cities?

We need to pray for the people in France and ourselves!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

To play devil's advocate for a moment ... just as our domestic media "overlooks" anything that
doesn't suit their agenda, I was shocked to see the level of in-your-face thunka-thunka dance
music and naked girls being broadcast all over the middle east and asia. All of it in English and
all the girls white. I found this odd, given the so-called "conservative" nature we are led to believe
islam represents.

I worked directly with a lot of Nepalis, Indians, Pakistanis, Afghans, and to a lesser extent people
from other regional nations. These guys were largely like anyone else I know. Some had been on
the wrong end of radical islam, losing family members, and many spoke of how they angled to
make things better for their children ... learning English, French, Spanish, and a bit about western
culture. This representation of muslims seemed like they'd make perfectly good neighbors, but
there is another factor at work here that seems to incite many to get all fired up to kill all who harbor
a different belief system.

BATTS told us 9-out-of-10 of those we killed or captured were not even afghan. All foreign jihad
fighters who came to "fight" for some ambiguous cause of driving out infidels, never to be heard
from again.

We westerners seem to only grasp religion and a "Sunday-go-to-church" paradigm, and thusly
cannot begin to understand that islam is an every day, all day long stream of observation and
connectedness. I find this to be a key to even beginning to understand where these people are
coming from and how they view others as infidels, people to be used, slackers.

There will be no easy answer to this. 500 years ago, christians would kills those who defamed
the church or Christ. In the main, christians have evolved. With most 3rd world muslims thinking
naked girls dancing to thunka-thunka videos is what western culture is all about, it comes as no
surprise that it is easy to get disenfranchised young muslims all fired up to rally against this image
of slovenly infidels that our money-oriented culture so glibly rubs in their face.

In a duscussion with friends who have also traveled the world, the argument was raised, "Well
why can't they just ignore it ?". This was countered with the suggestion that blacks ignore the
guy burning crosses on his lawn across the street. Any civil cohabitation of this planet by multiple
is going to require the willingness to embrace those of different bents and the desire to have peace
more than any other issue that might upset that peace.

And let's not overlook the very real money-stream INDUSTRY that is making trouble. If all the fighting
stopped, what would people do to fill their lives, pay their bills, etc ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

My wife and I belong to the local Elks Lodge.

One long-time member there has been greatly saddened by the events in Paris.

You see, it was his grandson's bride-to-be that was killed at the Paris bistro.

How's that for bringing these events close to home?

Time to load those B-52s, B-1s, and B-2s with some of those bacon-wrapped warheads and pay them a visit. Everybody knows, everything's better with bacon!

It worked for General Pershing, why wouldn't it work now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

Chris Olsen,

I'm sorry, but I find very little about what happened in Paris to not hate. I'll reserve my love for the victims and their families and for the French people. I would also suspect that the members of ISIS do not want my love or compassion. I would further suggest that the perpetrators of these ghastly attacks have FAR greater hate for us than we can ever muster here. Perhaps they are the ones you should chastise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

As someone said already on this thread, "bombs are not the answer"...but they sure do make you feel good, that you're giving back at least a little bit what was dished out to you. The French loaded up their fighter jets and struck back at terrorist training camps located in Syria and bombed the "Shiite" out of the place.

It's a basic tendency of people, "you hurt us, we stomp on you hard, and harder if possible, just to show you we can". Will this prove to those moronic jihadist's that they've opened a can of worms, they're not prepared to mess with? Probably not, because these folks war for wars sake and right now they think they're fighting the good fight against corruption..."us" (by "us" I mean the world, we who are not them). Not long ago a large group of refugee's moved into Germany with permission from the German government to do so. The refugee's religious leaders immediately issued a demand that the Germans not hold Oktoberfest because it offended their religion and was against the principles of Islam...now that takes balls fella's, to get accepted into a country and then issue demands of that country to not hold an annual National holiday that's been a tradition in that country for generations, if not century's, because it offended some religion's ideology...of course the Germans ignored their demand and went ahead with the tradition any way.

Judaeo-Christian rules to live by have been brought up and seen at odds with what Islam lives by and of course with such differences of being at odds there can be no consensus as to what IS or IS NOT right. Because one side will always think they're right and the other will always see that as wrong and therefore must be righted...to their way of thinking. That's what's going on now with all these bloody (and I do mean bloody) Jihad's, they're righting the wrongs perceived by them against Islam. Doesn't matter the rest of the world doesn't follow Islamic laws and or traditions. But since Islam is correct, everybody who thinks or lives contrary to the principles of Islam and Sharia Law, must needs be incorrect and therefore must be chastised for their actions (usually violently, it plays better to a world audience). And I guess that ignorance is no excuse, because those poor folks who lost their lives and or hurt in Paris I'm sure didn't know they were in anyway "offending" or that their very existence would be seen as an "offense against" Islam.

I fear for France, 911 changed our country (and not always for the better, either) we saw a lot of personal freedoms and liberties get mowed over under the guise of "for the good of the Country" a lot. Can't help thinking how this will change France? And for that matter the rest of Europe. What will change I wonder? Who will change? And how much will they change? And how willing will those who live in those countries take to what's deemed as "necessary" changes?

This thread started off asking folks for prayers for France...I think we'll need prayers for everybody flying the red, white and blue no matter it's configuration or design. Or any other country that doesn't have a damned crescent moon with a star with or without Arabic writing on it or who's principles colors aren't black, red, white and green...in other words folks, pray for us all, the world is changing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

We struck Japan and Germany with unrelenting and overwhelming force. Not hate, just the force required to fix the issue permanently. We haven't had the will nor the stomach to win one since. We need to be reminded that our military was #19 in the world at the beginning of WW2 but our resolve was #1 (maybe tied with our friends in GB). Until such time as we realize eggs must be broken to create omelets, and vow to win this, we won't.

It is sad that a people who chose to live as Fred Flintstone have such a grip on the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

An issue I notice has not been raised is that of a complacent "west". We live a
"Disneyland" life ... very offensive to the overly conservative muslim. It was commonly
heard while in AFG that "complacency kills". No service member doesn't know that
phrase or what it means. Yet the average boob in America (and apparently Europe ?)
has no clue. Every day is another day of sunshine and lollipops and bad things only
happen to other people. As proven time and time again, nothing could go wrong here,
Mr. Obvious !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

I'll bring it up again----

Has anyone read "While Europe Slept. How radical Islam is destroying the West from Within"?

It will open your eyes about the true dangers the World is facing.
There is nothing nice about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

We are witnessing a major change in Europe which is a direct result of the mass immigration from the middle eastern Muslim countries.
It is happening before our eyes and Europe as we once knew it will began to change because of this.
This is the beginning of a clash of cultures and we haven't seen anything yet as to what is to come.
Its only beginning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist- New Zealand on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 03:38 am:

What happened in Paris is unforgiveable -but don't we need to be careful not to generalise who is responsible. Madmen were responsible, the fact that they where Radical Muslim doesn't mean they represent the Islam any more that the Irish terrorists of the 70/80's represent Christians. I have many Muslim friends who are just as shocked and horrified as we all are by this . They remind me that word Islam means peace. Eliminate these madmen by whatever method we can but pray let us not generalise and attack all Muslims as we risk becoming like the very men we need to eliminate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 06:02 am:

Burger, I think you can safely say by reading most of the posts here (with the exception of one or two) that most of us have woke up and smelled the coffee right enough...what we'll do about it depends largely on who gets put into Washington in the coming election (hopefully not another Democrat).

Radical Islam destroying the West from within eh? Not exactly a new concept you know, the Nazi's tried it back in the 30's and 40's. After that mess got cleared up the Soviets took a stab at it as well all through the 50's, 60's and part way into the 70's the highly over publicized "sleeper cells". And now we've got the Islamic terrorist pretty much operating the same way, using technology to their advantage persuading the gullibly naive to buy into their insanity whilst not getting their hands dirty in the process, yet leaving all doubt out for who was really responsible. Problem is, you can't tell the good ones from the stark raving loony's who run about with machine guns or instructions on how to make bombs out of fireworks and pressure cookers...they all look alike. So, what do we do, round them all up like we did with the Japanese and put them into interment camps? There's a few too many for that don't you think? And besides, we had Guantanamo, but that didn't work out so well. So how do you tell the one who's honestly a non terrorist from those that are? I don't know, but folks better figure it out fast, things are about to become very dicey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 07:42 am:

I guess I'm just a bigot. I'm about to the point that I don't give a damn which ones are the peace loving ones and which ones are the terrorist. I don't see any huge outcry on the part of the peace loving ones denouncing what the others are doing. I'm sure some of you leftwingers are going to say that there are plenty of muslims denouncing this but are somehow silenced or ignored by the media so their message can't get out. Yeah yeah, I'm sure that's all it is. It's time to wake up. These guys have been flooding into European nations for years, and now they have a strong hold. It's going to be that way here if we don't wake the L up! Our Idiot-in-chief is not only allowing them to come here, he is INVITING them here! No way to vet these people. We are INVITING Isis into our communities. Are they all terrorist? No, I don't believe that, but I do believe there are plenty of terrorist among them and my compassion for the ones that are not ends right there. Send their @$$ to Saudi Arabia or somewhere where assimilation into society will be easier for them and more importantly, SAFER for us! Either that or nuke 'em 'til they glow and shoot 'em in the dark. I don't care about them anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 08:04 am:

Karl,

Don't drink the coolaid!
Their definition of peace is not what you think!
You may not be concerned "YET" but Europe and we in the US are being targeted. The rest of the world will follow.

Please read the book and get back to me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 08:44 am:

If we have to go back might I ask just one favour as a retired military member? Instead of shackling our fighters with political correctness could we please shackle and gag our politicians? :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Well, I really wasn't going to chime in here since this topic is waaay OT, and I'm surprised it's still going, but, since I AM a jerk who's not afraid to express an opinion here's mine, and a very good link (hopefully it'll open for you) to read. It pretty much sums up what I've been saying since a certain someone was re-elected in '12. Even on this forum, I believe I've said this certain someone is hell bent on "opening America's doors" to Islamic terrorists, and country by country, it's happening. ISIS is contained?? (His quote) Oh yeah, sure looks like it. Unfortunately seems like very few people, friends & family want to believe it. I've also said, once his term is done, how much you wanna bet he disappears into "thin air" to escape the wrath with which he's brought upon us.http://nypost.com/2015/11/14/its-time-for-obama-to-make-a-choice-lead-us-or-resi gn/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Aw, come on Tim, you're just saying all that because it's true.

it may have been on this forum where I read, "It is not our leaders that are so dangerous, it is the people who vote for them"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

I always thought that Obama's bragging about the Iran agreement sounded/looked a lot like Chamberlain's waving the Treaty and saying "Peace in our Time" And then WWII started.
We are condemned to repeat history if we do not study & remember it.
And these refugees--Isn't it obvious to the world that something is wrong in the country they are fleeing & the cheapest and most civilized thing to do is to go in and "fix" it so those folks can go back home and be productive in their own country again????
PS Interesting that spell check doesn't like "Obama" Hmm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 02:17 pm:

Some good news. The Paris attacks seem to have finally alerted world leaders to how urgent it is to wipe out ISIS. What's needed is a determined coalition of major countries...that seems to be finally coming together.

Obama and Putin as well as Putin and the Aussie PM have had face to face talks since the Paris attacks.

French President Hollande will visit Putin in Moscow on Nov. 26, two days after he is due to meet President Obama in Washington to push for a concerted drive against ISIS.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-17/putin-says-france-now-ally-in-syria-as-russia-steps-up-strikes

In the meantime Putin has ordered Russian naval forces in the Mediterranean to work as allies with French warships in attacking ISIS targets in Syria. France has a naval group led by an aircraft carrier heading to the area where Russian vessels are operating.

US sir strikes in recent days have reportedly killed the ISIS leader in Libya, and "Jihadi John" the British Arab alleged to be the masked person seen in several ISIS videos beheading of a number of captives in 2014 and 2015.

From the air the French and Russians are also hitting ISIS hard:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3321624/France-launches-wave-bombing-raids-Syria.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ItAPHJSUU

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7c7_1447760345

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrwsB0PiRws

Good to see Putin putting his assets to some good use rather than test the nerve of the US military like they did a couple of weeks ago in the Pacific, see:

http://theaviationist.com/2015/10/29/tu-142-buzzed-uss-ronald-regan/

Will Putin use a tactical nuclear weapon on ISIS...we can only hope.

With Putin the toast of the town on anti-ISIS internet forums at the moment, I think we can expect to see the US put it's immense firepower on display over Iraq and Syria in the coming days. As I said at the start, good news.

(Message edited by m2m on November 17, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

Putin and the French are doing what we should have been leading others to do with us years ago.

After all our policies have Isis on the run -- toward us!

Others are showing us how to use our superior power.
When it is over we will have less influence in the world - just what our leader said he wanted.

(Message edited by nhusa on November 17, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

This vile cancer should be treated with radiation, and LOTS of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

I agree with the tone of the majority posting with this thread.
Unfortunately, there are too many 'innocents' that ISIS has surrounded themselves with, rendering the thought of 'nuking them all' not to be realistic. Muslim differences have been going on since Biblical times, and they haven't come to any resolution, other than to take out their philosophies and frustrations upon others. Just like 'Black Lives need to first matter to Black People', Muslim lives also need to first matter to their own. The 'West', the police, and military might are not going to solve any problems unless they are finally willing to understand that and 'police' their own. Until then, we need to do whatever is necessary and appropriate to defend ourselves and our families. (PS - I keep mine 'loaded!)
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

Bear, sorry I meant 'BUY' on Ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vladimir-Putin-Riding-on-a-Bear-Action-Figure-Toy-Russian-President-US-Version/221849386861?

There's also a Putin in a Russian WW1 armoured Model T action figure too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Hmmm...major nations of the world allying together against common enemy, threatening use of long disputed and treaty banned war toys, moving military forces into strategic positions around the world...hmmm, sounds like WWIII to you? Sure does to me! And here's the funny thing, I think unlike all the other world wars, this one will be fought in just about every corner of the globe, because these guys are a lot like weeds in your lawn. They pop up everywhere, and are just about as autonomous, so killing them off in one place doesn't get rid of all of them.

So don't worry guys, if our leadership sits on their collective hands and says stupid things, like "ISIS has been contained", (yep, they've been contained alright, to the Earth the rest of the galaxy is safe from ISIS incursion, woohoo, what a win for our side!) I just hope that when these weeds start popping up in the White House lawn, he'll know what the bloody hell to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

What is interesting to me is this. Anja and I married in Holland in 1972 and moved to the US in 1977. Even before we moved, Anja's mother said on many occasions, "The next world war will be between the Muslims and the West." I'm not sure how much attention we paid to her at the time. If she were here now, I'm sure she'd be saying, "I told you so."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

Dick
Sorry to say she was right.
We have to hope that it is not too late!
In the meantime we in NH still have the right to arm ourselves, unlike people in the state south of us.

Martin,
He is doing exactly what he intended to do.
He is feeding the weeds and pulling out the good grass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 01:33 am:

Many people claim that obama is a muslim. I have no idea and won't comment on that assertion.

But I am quite certain that he has the same world-view as a muslim.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 03:45 am:

Dick, President Obama is the guy who took out Osama Bin Laden, plus US airpower under his command is pounding ISIS and the Taliban on a daily basis from Pakistan and Afganistan to Iraq and Syria, and also in Libya and Somalia; so I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

The problems in the Middle East go back hundreds of years, and the colonial powers Britain and France created borders and countries with no regard to people's religion and culture. For example, why don't the Kurds have a country of their own, something which was promised to them after WW1?

Not Obama nor any future US President will solve the problems of the Middle East and there is little point trying with no honest local partners to work with. The billions of $ of US taxpayers money spent in Afghanistan and Iraq mostly ended up stolen by corrupt officials. Surprise, surprise that ISIS are now expanding into Afghanistan; see:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/videos/#163013

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/isis-in-afghanistan/

The US military with French, NATO and Aussie backing can destroy ISIS. Obama needs to cut a deal with Putin, who has a military base in Syria as well as major influence with Assad and Iran. Obama also needs to bully Turkey, the Saudis and other Gulf Arabs to stop supporting terrorists and moderate terrorists in Syria.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:09 am:

Constantine why are you the only one with different colored text when writing on the forum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:16 am:

My guess is that Obama doesn't hold much, if any, kind of religious beliefs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:31 am:

Hal, he said on Meet the Press years back something about his "Christian/Muslim belief". Those two don't work, can't be both. One has to pick a side. Speaking of picking a side, in one of his books he said something about he would side with the Muslims, yet this country elected him anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:49 am:

Constantine,

Obama was very clear in his book "Dreams from my Father" about his world view. He continued to worshiped under the guy that said "God damn America". His comments and actions support Dick's assertion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:53 am:

James, Probably because I'm the only one that can be bothered changing text color. Click on "Formatting" at the top of the page to see how it's done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 09:23 am:

No thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 10:43 am:

"President Obama is the guy who took out Osama Bin Laden"

Really? I kinda thought is a special forces guy or Navy Seal or something like that. Who knew?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 10:47 am:

Why not?

Didn't Al Gore invent the internet?

Isn't USA politics great??

:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 11:08 am:

If Obama dropping bombs on muslims (whether they have radical or moderate affiliation) were a qualification for him not being muslim himself, than the number one killer of muslims in the world today wouldn't be other muslims.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 11:30 am:

One of my closest friends in Portland now past was a German Jew in Germany during world war two. Her father was about to be taken to a death camp and she was working for a German officer who she begged for help. The officer said if she slept with him he would see what he could do--she did and her father was not taken. At the end of the war he told her what to do it apparently saved her life. She hated any religion saying it was the cause of most wars. I don't know all she went through but Germany gave her money until she past.

My brother was in SAC until he was sent to school for service in Iran. He had to learn three levels of language and from what I was told could develop film with a paper bag over his head. He is now past and stories I have heard from other brothers went with him.
It appears to me that Hitler's ideology and radical Islamic ideology are very similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 11:48 am:

"...and from what I was told could develop film with a paper bag over his head..."

???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

I would have to disagree that the US is pounding ISIS. If it is as I understand it, the Russians flew more sorties in the last couple of days than the US has flown in 5-6 months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Jerry, Obama didn't pull the trigger but it was he that made the decision for this VERY risky operation to go ahead. He watched the raid live from the White House. If the raid had gone badly, eg. Bin Laden had got away and/or the Seals were killed or captured by the Pakistani military, Obama would have got the blame.

Remember the failed raid by Carter in Iran to free the hostages...Carter said "The responsibility is fully my own" see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Km3dx7wppA

Had Carter's raid been successful would he have defeated Reagan at the election? We'll never know but it certainly hurt him badly in the eyes of many voters.

When a President makes a tough call and it fails it is his fault and he gets the blame. When a President makes a tough call and it comes through he gets the credit. I think even Senator McCain and Fox News, both of which are not huge fans of Obama, would agree with that.

I know many of you guys dislike Obama but you've gotta give credit where it's due.

I'm not happy with Obama because over the last three years the USD is up almost 40% against the Aussie dollar which means buying and shipping Ts and T parts is now much more expensive!

Hopefully, Hillary, Jeb or Donald will weaken the USD after they're elected. Here's what Donald and Jeb think of Putin and ISIS:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7b5_1447794252

Nice meaningless one liner by Jeb, but I agree with Donald's position on this one. Let Putin hit ISIS and moderate terrorists as much as he wants.

As far fetched as it first seems, I think Putin may well have the nuclear option on the table in case ISIS gains ground and nears his base on the Syrian coast. He last night test fired a Topol intercontinental ballistic missile which is nuclear warhead capable with a range of 6000 miles, see:

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/14620/Russia_Tests_Topol_M__Nuclear_Capable_Int ercontinental_Ballistic_Missile#.VkwaoDG_OH

(Message edited by m2m on November 18, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

-Constantine-
Thoughtful posts regarding Obama. Yet, we will often hear the "It's Bush's fault!" (still, even now) reference, and doesn't want to take responsibility for anything negative. At least 'The Donald' doesn't worry about being politically correct, and presents staight-forward what many Americans have been thinking all along.
Personally, I would find Florida Rep./Col. Allen West very interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woN85Qw8wLw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woN85Qw8wLw&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

Had wanted to include this one. Sorry for the previous 'double'...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2dgkMtm1Ao&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 01:31 pm:

Constantine,

Well yes, I knew what you meant. I don't care for Obama but I do give him credit for okaying the raid on Bin Laden. I'd still rather give the guys on the ground the ultimate credit however. There's another thing he did that I'm grateful for too, but won't open that can of worms here. So, that's 2 things I credit him for in 7 years in office. A broken clock is correct more often.... but still.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

'Lock & Load'!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/18/syrians-with-stolen-passports-caught-bef ore-trying-to-enter-us-police-say/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Ya, know, I'm fairly sick of us trying to "lead the world" and I'm pretty sure the World is pretty tired of us trying to tell them what to do in their own countries and with their people too. I know we mean it from an humanitarian standpoint, but it comes off more like we're the know-it-alls and we know best.

What the world wants from us is participation, not our direction, because lets face it folks, we've got an agenda that's not necessarily compatible with the world view on things. And we constantly push that stupid agenda every chance we get.

I like Donald Trump, he says what he thinks and he doesn't mince words about it either and he certainly is no politician. Which is a good thing really. The best Presidents this Country ever had were Statesman, not professional politicians. politicians are the lowest rung on the ladder of leadership you can get, mainly because they're always looking at more sides to any question that they're usually ineffectual in any given circumstance. And the only time any of these bozo's get anything done is when they've been goaded into it by whoever set up the situation with boots on the ground or planes inbound. Why does it take them so long to make "ANY" decision? ...weighing their options is why, they are always weighing their options and trying to finagle it so nobody is offended. Statesman on the other hand do what's necessary for the benefit of the Country. The only option they see is getting done whatever threatens us or stands in our way to fixing any given problem...for good and isn't afraid of letting other Nations help in getting the deed done. And with this ISIS thing, we're (all Nations) going to need all the help we can get. Can't bomb them back into the "Stone Age" since that's where they live anyway, so the best you can do is make worm food out them...preferably heavily seasoned with pork products. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Ya, know I know this an "OT thread...but I'm going back the Model T threads....it's much more peaceful there...and fun. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 06:32 pm:

I thought this post was suppose to be about our allies and friends in:

Vive la France

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 04:33 am:

I don't like to get involved in these "political" posts, but after what has happened in France, I have to say this. I think, and hope, that these terrorists have pi$$ed off enough countries that aren't so concerned with being "politically correct" that they will go in and do what is necessary to get the job done. Hopefully Russia will do what is necessary, I think they aren't too concerned about PC. Court martialing Marines for pi$$ing on dead terrorists is not my way of thinking. As far as I'm concerned, they should have been promoted. This PC crap is costing us dearly and is only going to lead to much more trouble. It's WAR, get over it and do what needs to be done. As Martin said, we need Statesmen, NOT politicians. Politicians sold us down the river in Viet Nam, we don't need any more of that. End of rant. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 07:12 am:

I read this analogy yesterday. If you had a filled bubble gum machine and there were ten poisoned bubblegum's in it that would kill you instantly would you take the chance and take one? Our great bumbling leaders that want to take in these refugees, how many of them would want them to settle in as neighbors next to them. I think we can all answer that one-0.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 07:50 am:

Our only hope in regards to refugees is to let our congressmen and representatives that we want them to overwhelmingly pass legislation blocking their entry into the U.S.
We need to send a clear message to the White House that cannot be vetoed.
Any elected official that supports the Obama stupidity or tries to block the legislation has to know that he/she will be held accountable and will pay the price during the next election or before by pressure.

I have already done it!
Please do the same in your state.
Our future depends upon it.

(Message edited by Nhusa on November 19, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Comparing human beings to bubble gum is a fantastic analogy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Hope on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 09:57 am:

Land of the free,
Home of the brave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Eric Bolling coined a phrase yesterday that I thought was clever: RefuJihadis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Did anyone read While Europe slept?

If your lazy just read the first 70 pages
It will open your eyes.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration