Where to find 1926/27 brass upholstery panel grommets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Where to find 1926/27 brass upholstery panel grommets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 01:41 am:

Is there anyone who makes the brass panel upholstery grommets that go in them 1926 - 27 cars? The Model T dealers sell a plastic version, but I would rather have brass, if possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 02:42 am:

Hmm, I don't even know what they look like...do you have a picture of them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 03:54 am:

Here ya go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:28 am:

I may have some NOS ones. Can you lay a ruler across and take the same photos again so I know which size you need?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

I would say that the grommet measures just under 5/8" in flange diameter and the part that inserts into the body is 1/4".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:05 am:

Jim I will look later today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:11 am:

I've got a whole bag of them. $2 each.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Those are repairable with due diligence and a small punch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 12:59 am:

I found some links on the panel fasteners.

Here is a link from a 2009 forum post in which Ford calls them "Glove Fasteners."

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/81877.html?1234667959

If these are the same thing, the 1927 parts catalog also calls them "Glove Fasteners" or buttons, part #6902X, page 48.
http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/1927/1927wploct.pdf

Is plastic the only modern replacement?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration