Saving headlamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Saving headlamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 10:45 am:

Just thought I would share this you can do about anything
With a die grinder -and a torch set and some scrap lights
Don't mind the extra pic's I found that Flickr is a good way
To post them on the forum from an I-pad. Jim
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fordtt/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

That is a very nice save. I hate to think of all the parts that have been discarded as useless that could be salvaged this way. Thanks for sharing this example of what can be done.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

There was an old duffer that lived up on the plateau above Lake Sammamish that I got
to visit as a kid. He had what I was told was a 1906 Great Arrow. I had no clue what I
was looking at, other than it was an enormous brass era horseless carriage kind of car.

What always stuck with me was the photos he had in an album of the totally wasted
heap of junk he dragged from a ravine where it had been dumped in 1920 or so. The
whole car was basically built all over again from templates made from what was left and
a lot of travel and research to figure out what was missing. I was told that at some point
he had two of them, but the better one went to Harrah and was never rebuilt.

But there it sat, in all its glory. As I recall it was a dark green, but beyond that, all I really
remember was the story and photo album showing how this elegant monster was brought
back from literally nothing. It turned me into a weird "hoarder" that has trouble consigning
anything potentially savable to the scrap heap. This of course, affords me the opportunity
to have no room for anything and ample material to stumble over at every turn !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Must have been Bert Lobberegt.
He had a heck of a collection of OLD cars.
Helped me get interested in T's back in the 50's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:15 pm:

Yeah, I don't throw anything away either and have basically the same stumbling problem you do as well Burger. But about the second or third time I trip over something, I elect to put it on the car, so now I can bang my head on it rather than trip over it...everything is a trade off.

Nice job on that light, one more original saved from the scrap bin. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

I have thrown things away in the past that were on the
Shelf for ten years or more and sure enough I could have used
That item a week or month later so now when I toss stuff out
It goes on the scrap pile then when I need it I rummage
Thru the pile Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration