Thread Searches or Dang, What Was That Thread, When Was That Thread???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Thread Searches or Dang, What Was That Thread, When Was That Thread???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

Earlier today 11/14/2015 there was a thread asking for help in finding a specific thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/586437.html?1447519166

I actually could recall the thread asked for (but can't find my keys if I didn't hang them on the nail by the door) and set about to find it. I have concluded that Mr. Google is much more rapid and effective than using the "Keyword Search" at the top of this page. Sorry Chris B.

With Google opened in a new tab, I first enter MTFCA in the search field. This will put threads from this forum at the top of the search results and anything else from the web that could be related further down. Now for this search I considered KeyWords to add. I used: paint exposure test and then pressed the enter key. As they say "Bada Boom Bada Bing" and there several threads from this forum, some from this year and others that were older. I just opened the ones which I thought Could be the one in question until I recognised the one I was looking for.

If your first search doesn't yield just what you are looking for then change or modify your keywords. You may have to try a couple of times to find just what you are looking for.

I am no computer geek. In fact, every time I use this thing I am SO fearful of inadvertently hitting the Delete All Files key. Yes, there is no such key but I would still hit it.

Good luck with your searches and have fun with your Model Ts. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

And sometimes you may remember a picture from a certain thread, then you can use google's picture search and often find the right thread that way :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

mtfca; Bill Harper
You can also do a Google search if you know the posters name or handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christian on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

In the Google search field, adding

site:mtfca.com

will restrict the search to this site, so that unrelated MTFCA matches wont be returned in the results.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration