Sealing Holley G Carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Sealing Holley G Carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

I have talked to Potter and he said I need to seal the bowl on the Holly G from the inside. Does anyone have any experience or advise to seal the bowl. I tighten the nut on the bottom and the top leaks, I have never heard sealing on the inside. That is all the help I got from him, he is way to busy to rebuild it 5 month waiting period. Anyone out there working on these? Thanks
Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Well, that's why I'm in the shop today instead of being at the Class C football divisionals in Arlee, watching our boys thump the boys from Arlee.

That said, take the gasket washer from the outside if that's where you have it an put in on the inside.

I'm just like he is, buried in carburetors, quite a few that have been here way too long but probably not 5 months out on a Holley G.

Best advice I have to fix it yourself is find a different bowl and try that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:38 am:

Do you have the bowl to body gasket in place?
Maybe your float level is too high.
Or does your bowl have cracks in it? ???

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration