Finger pins Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Finger pins Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

I have ordered finger pins for the 22 drive plate, but when I got them the pins are too thin , is there a thicker pin on these plate or did I got the wrong ones..
anyone on the pins size ?
Thank You lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

The pins removed are .340 the ones I got measured.280

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

There are two different pin sizes the larger pin .340-.344 (11/32) is part #3338 for 09 - 25

The smaller pin .280 -.281 (9/32) is part #3338B is for 26 - 27. I have a jar of the two sizes and the smaller pin/fingers have a triangle with an "F" in the casting and one has a "D" (probably Dodge) cast in the finger. I think you need part#3338. It appears by the part numbers that 26-27 used the smaller pin (9\32) In the 1921 parts book it calls for 11/32 pins = .344. The pins may be a little smaller for a loose fit.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration