Good New Maybe for Me, Maybe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Good New Maybe for Me, Maybe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Well three years ago my mom gave me my gpa's 16 coupelet to refurbish and get back on the road. Along with the 16 my gpa also had a 1911 model t (s/n 53,344) that he bought way back when. It's presently stored in my uncle's garage and is in excellent condition. I'm sure it's been restored or preserved.

Well this weekend I met my uncle out here in Cali because he is on a friends pit crew attempting a land speed record at El Mirage lake.

Upon talking with him about the coupelet and my progress he mentions "Are you ready for another model t" and happily I said I sure am :-). Told him that we'll talk next summer when I come to visit.

All I need is find a storage garage for one of my t's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Phillip

That is good news going into Winter ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:44 am:

AWESOME SAUCE!!!!

Keep us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Sweeeet! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:47 am:

It doesn't get much better than that!
Good Luck.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer---- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

Philip ; I warn you,don't store two model T's in one garage, in a short time you have three !!!
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

That's great news, Philip! I know you'll be a good custodian for both cars. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 01:31 pm:

PICTURES PLEASE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

There ARE twleve step programs .... just sayin'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Two incredible model Ts! You are one lucky dude. That is okay. You are a good guy and deserve it.
Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 06:28 am:

Philip,

That would be great to have another T that your Grandpa had. Note engine number which was also the car number back then 54,200; 54,202; 54,301; 54,400; 54,404 were all manufactured on May 16, 1911 (ref page 496 of Bruce McCalley's (R.I.P.) "Model T Ford"). The shipping document for 54,300 was missing. Bruce was only recording about every 100th serial number because there were so many cars being produced each day. And there was not an assembly line so serial numbers were often produced out of order -- but usually in the same general time frame.

There is over a 99% chance you can order a copy of the original shipping document for your car engine number 53,344 from the Benson Ford archives for $20. A few numbers are missing during that time frame. [And for anyone who is thinking I will order a copy for their car – those detailed documents are only available for serial numbers 1 and then 1,119 through approximately 70,920. There are other records for the later cars through about Dec 31, 1914 that state when and where they were initially shipped. But those records are an incomplete listing about 20-22% of the serial numbers. For details on those records please see the earlier posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/72343.html ]

For your car they most likely will be able to make a copy of the document from the microfilm record or the original document. You can order the original shipping document (they use the term “production card”) from the Benson Ford Archives for car (engine number) 53,344 . See: http://www.thehenryford.org/research/productionRecords.aspx The information below is from their web page:

How can I order production card information?
• There is a $20.00 per serial number charge.
• Provide your serial number, make, model and body type (for Lincolns), and contact information.
• Payment may be made either by check payable to “The Henry Ford” or by credit card.
Benson Ford Research Center
P.O. Box 1970
Dearborn, MI 481821-1970
research.center@TheHenryFord.org
Fax: (313) 982-6244

Good luck with arranging the storage and obtaining the car.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Your Grandfather had great taste!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:41 am:

I still have a couple of issue to overcome, one finding a storage garage at a reasonable rate here in So Cal and two I haven't told my wife yet.

I think #2 will be the hardest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 03:45 am:

But dear, the car is FAMILY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 08:47 am:

Burger, I tried the 12-step program and failed! It only led me straight to 6 vintage vehicles! At least now maybe I'm on the road to recovery, I'm down to only 5!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Philip,
You might ask around the T club in your area, maybe someone in the club has space in his garage/shop. Also ask around the neighborhood, I rented a garage from a "little old Lady" for a number of years--she had no car, so there was empty space! Do get the agreement in writing though! Both for your protection & theirs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration