Fred Lau's sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fred Lau's sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:56 am:

I got a call yesterday from the guy I do work for that David had the last of Fred's bits and pieces that were going to be scrapped or going to someone that could make use of them. I was out in the shop working so did not get the call right away, maybe 1/2 hour later. Boy was I out the door quick and David was waiting for me (Thanks again David if you see this).
Fred's cars and parts will live on and I got the leavings :-) I'll take 'em and quite happy to save some stuff from the scrapper's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Mark,

Good for you !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

As the Astronaut's say "today's urine, tomorrow's Tang" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 09:22 pm:

Good for you for saving it!

Would love to see a pic of what's left!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

What did you come home with?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Mark, what was left? I took as much as my truck and trailer could hold and then mark Hogland loaded his truck. I have been unloading and sorting for 4 days. Quite a bit of nos stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

I have cornered the market on intakes and drive plates with springs up to 1927! :-)
1924/25 closed car cowl, less firewall but does have aluminum trim, dash, vent and floorboard risers. The windshield post covers were cut off half way up but does have the upper (I guess) recessed frame for the windshield.
1911 open runabout (?) side panels (L/R) metal (dash to under seat) to use as a pattern plus two more that go from dash to where the seat starts. Couple of top brackets that may or may not be torpedo or open runabout.
Front axles, front wheel dust seal cap and a few other odds and ends. No photos.

(Message edited by redmodelt on November 16, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 07:48 am:

Mark, I would be interested in the '11 Open Runabout pieces if they are original. I like collecting original O.R. parts and artifacts for use on my project (see profile photo). Nice save!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 11:28 am:

I wasn't there -- although I should have been; I'm glad all this got saved and have to say that I am surprised they wouldn't have had the NOS stuff out for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

Stan. There was nos stuff for sale but it takes time to look through 100 shackles and find the 10 that are nos, there just wasn't time at the sale. There were thousands of pounds of parts in the attic, and it didn't all get down so buying the leavings was the only way really get most of it. I had no idea Fred had as much stuff as he did. It has certainly a life time collection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

Thanks to all of you guys for helping this all live-on and get in the hands of T owners in the future. That's what it's all about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

Walter
Replied to your PM message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

David, would it be inappropriate to ask for the sales price of the dealership key holder (Don't Wait Until You Lose Your Ford Key Get a New One Now) in the Vintage Ford ad because I have one exactly like it and would like a feel for its value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

George - PM sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

Iowa Parts had one a Mark's swap meat. Had two or three keys on each hook. The board was the original blue with Ford script. The blue was somewhat faded. They wants about $1200 for it. I have heard nice ones with out keys might bring $1000.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration