Are these bumpers for model T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Are these bumpers for model T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

They came as parts with my 1926 model T coupe. The Brackets look different than I have seen, The rear looks like they would work but are bent and dont have holes to mount. The front bumper arms would have to have some dip down bracket pieces to work. Their is a small gauge metal riveted to front of front bumper bars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

Bumpers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Austin, I don't think those are for a T, unless they are aftermarket accessories. T bars have open ends like the front ones you show. Your rears have closed ends. The bar shape on your front ones is wrong also. T bars are flat across the front with a slight bend at the end, which is then corrected at the very end. They have no bracket support in the middle either.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Short answer: NO. As Allen said, they may be aftermarket for some car. Factory Ford bumper brackets consisted of at least two pieces making up each bracket; right, left, front, rear, and the two pieces of each bracket was riveted together with large heavy rivits They would have had mounting holes to match up to 26-27 frames and even earlier, if I'm not mistaken. No frame mounting holes - not Ford T brackets. Also the bumper bars didn't have tie bolts at the ends as your rear bumperettes do. Model A bumpers did, but not T. The front full length bars and outer clamps do look similar to T bars, but they appear from the picture, to have a gradual bow outward to the front, starting in the middle of each bar, not straight like T bars. T bars will have a double bend at the very ends, one right hand bend and a reverse left hand bend. The center clamp used on front or rear full length bars is a round Ford script medallion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 01:03 am:

Yep, not T bumpers, but very cool looking. The design looks familiar, but I cannot remember what car I saw them on.
You could either find out what they fit, as someone is probably looking high & low for them for their car, or you could make brackets to put them on your T.
They'd look great on a boat-tailed full-fendered speedster

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration