July 21 what make?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: July 21 what make?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

I don't know if this will show up it says July 21 river view I don't know any of the names my grandfather had a Haines 6 cyl at that time anybody know the car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

Someone will know. My guesses might be Buick or Studebaker but I'm not an expert on either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 06:04 pm:

This isn't much better. Can you get a picture of the photo without the flash?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

Might be a Buick?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

Richard how did you do that? I dont have a scanner I took a pic with my phone the flash is my fault I know river view was a amusement park in chicago that closed about 1970

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 06:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

Well, it does look like an amusement park photo. If it helps, Riverview Amusement Park in Chicago was open from 1904 to 1967. They had one scary fast wood roller coaster called the Fireball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Paul, I used Photo shop. A digital scanner would have worked well on the photo. Thanks for the second one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

Oldsmobile slanted hood louvers like that. That is my current guess.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

With those style of UGLY hubcaps - I will guess about a 1916 REO which also used slanted hood louvers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

reo is right i used to have a big pile of it. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

Mark, I believe you are right. The ugly hub caps are hard to see. Here is a 1919 REO the fifth:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration