A wise guy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A wise guy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 08:56 am:

A friend had an interesting observation. He said when asking a T guy how many cars he has, you say "How many are you down to?"
If someone brags how many Ts he owns, ask "How many are running?" Both appropriate questions I thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:08 am:

I love that second one. Made me LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

My counts are still going up. Two running. One ready to start and drive for the first time. One I am frantically trying to restore and get running (the '15 runabout), plus three separate project parts piles (two more speedsters and a '12 MILR).
I am a sick man.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Because I have a Model A Briggs Town Sedan, and five Model T's, my answer to question #2,......How many are running?......is usually,......"it varies".

Actually, I am actively trying to change the answer to question #1,.....How many Model T's are you down to? I have one Model T for sale right now, but even despite an ad in the MTFCA "classified" (I think it's just listed "1923 Touring") and ads in a couple newspapers, I have only received one "inquiry"! I suppose with winter weather and the holidays approaching, this is probably not the best time to try to sell a Model T, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

I have 2, both running, and enough parts to build between 3 and 5 more cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

I have a '26 Touring that's a great driver, and a '26 Tudor "project car" (that is doing a great job keeping me both busy and broke). Space finances keep me from acquiring any more. If I do get the itch for another "T", one of the others will have to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 11:08 am:

I used to say you need a minimum of 3 Model T's. One to drive, one to work on and one for spare parts. Now I don't know? All 3 are running! I guess I need a larger garage!
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration