Old Photo - Dialing In The Coils Down Home

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Dialing In The Coils Down Home
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:37 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:48 am:

This photo reminds me of my grandfather. His idea of maintenance on the TT was once a year in the spring:

1. Emory the coil points.
2. Emory the plugs
3. Check the oil and add if needed. (Never waste good oil by draining it!)
4. Check tire air pressure.

Once these things were done he was good to go for another year. Just add gas and water as needed. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:05 am:

I've seen that photo before. There are two or three others in the group taken at the same time. The photos were taken outside a wrecking yard in the late 1930's. The wrecking yard owner is swapping Model T coils into the customer's car to find four that work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

Check out the "disc" wheels off the old boy's left elbow !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Steve,
I didn't see those wheels. It's hard to look away from his hat. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

Looks a lot like the "spare Michelin" I've been hunting for several years now !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

I like the accessory horn mounted on the support rod :-) I think everyone can find something in this photo they wish they had now :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration