Old Photo - Brass Era - St Louis Ford Dealership Store Front

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Brass Era - St Louis Ford Dealership Store Front
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:59 am:

Jay, how do you know it's in St Louis? This is what I found in googling "W Souter & Co." Long way from St. Louis.... :-)

http://cambridgemuseum.org.nz/Articles/Businesses/SOUTERCars.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Bingo!

http://mp.natlib.govt.nz/detail/?id=13400&t=items&q=&f=corpnameid$29095&u=0&s=a&l=en&tc=0&recordNum=0&numResults=20&p=0

(You have to copy and paste the url. The forum doesn't make it all a link.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Dick, Found the photo surfing the net and that was what was said about it. Sometimes these old photos are misrepresented by the posters for what ever reason.
I think your research is right on and it's a New Zealand photo not St Louis photo.
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:30 am:

The roadster has equal half windshield. Also there is striping on this car and hinges on the left door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

Jay, I wouldn't have looked if it hadn't mentioned St. Louis. The Souter name didn't ring any bells and I was curious to see where the building was and whether it was still there. Then one thing led to another... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration