Old Photo - Model T Articulating Lumber Trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Articulating Lumber Trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:36 pm:

With that load, I don't want to be in front when it is going down hill. Judging from the hillside behind the building they are not in the flat prairie country. Nice pic. TT with a ruckstell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 02:29 am:

That's certainly the most economical TT body I think I've ever seen. The wood seat over the gas tank and the hitch. I can't tell for sure, but it doesn't look like they even bothered with a floor board.

Very neat photo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 06:56 am:

Here is one with an adjustable coupling pole.
Imagine how long that would be stretched out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:00 am:

Nice picture.

The sign advertises for the "St. James-Kimball Trailer" distributed by the "Universal Transmission Co" I wonder if they beefed up the transmission to handle loads up hill and down.

Henry, They may not have floor boards because they didn't know where to buy the lumber. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:02 am:

In the lower photo I would wonder how many parked cars or buggies he hit when making a tight turn in on a town street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris George on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 08:25 am:

I have a TT with one of those hitches. I plan to restore the truck and build a trailer to use the hitch.
[URL=http://s266.photobucket.com/user/georgeskustomauto/media/20151012_124527_zpsnha5 2493.jpg.html][IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/georgeskustomauto/20151012_124527_zpsnh a52493.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 11:23 am:

Blackstock lumber was an old company in Seattle. Their phone number shown on the sign was on the east side of Seattle. In the 90's they had a huge fire where a Seattle fireman lost his life. In their later years they became a hardwoods distributor, and then disappeared after the fire.

Universal Transmission was located up on automobile row starting on Broadway avenue. It morfed into United Transmission as a transmission parts warehouse. In the 80's it was swallowed up never to be heard from again. The address shown on their sign is 1506 Broadway Ave. It is now a stop and rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

Don't know if it is the same company, but Blackstock supplied materials for many projects on the North Slope of Alaska during the 1980's. Big company, lots of politics. They sent up a fishing boat for the North Slope Borough mayor, kind of a thank you gift I suppose. He drove by the airport, dropped by the local Blackstock office, and told them it wasn't big enough. Three days later a really nice boat showed up. Blackstock made millions on the slope....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 05:23 pm:

That first truck looks like it has two shift levers. Maybe a Ruckstell and a Rocky Mountain Six Speed (just like my coupe!). In fact, the levers look a lot like the ones in my coupe. The RMSP is much taller than the Ruckstell lever, and they are close together.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration