OT - moved house

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - moved house
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 06:51 am:

You will see my home town has changed. We have escaped suburbia and moved 120 miles north to farming country. Plot of 1.2 acres, house is in nice order so I can devote energy to the important task of organising garaging and shop. Got a well-built single garage, 33ft x 11ft workshop, and shed which will easily hold 4 cars.

I intend to double the shop size to get a lift in and have plenty of bench & tool space. It's going to be fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:00 am:

Oh thought I changed my profile OK, let's have another go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 08:43 am:

Congratulations! Please post some pictures when you have time. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Indeed, congratulations!! We escaped "suburbia" 2.5 years ago :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 09:40 am:

"We escaped "suburbia" 2.5 years ago."

Bit of an understatement, Gary.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Jem - You said,....."120 miles north,.....would that be as far as Yorkshire? I have relatives in Harrogate. My son and I took a wonderful trip over there to visit them a few years ago,.....wonderful trip, Harrogate is a really nice city, and Yorkshire is fascinating. Also got to stop and visit Neil Tuckett in N. Marston enroute from London (Heathrow) to Yorkshire. The afternoon we spent with Neil and the fellows in his shop were one of the highlights of our trip,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

Spalding, isn't that in Licolnshire ? My wife is British and we have family in Newcastle, all Geordies. But I think you moved further west ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

Yes, Lincolnshire, not as far north as Yorkshire, we're in the East Midlands not far from the North Sea. And not far from Boston, the original one! Got to scoot south to Neil's next week, he's got my Model A in storage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

Jem - If you think of it, tell Neil Tuckett that Harold and his son Craig say "hello"! He may or may not remember us, but he might remember that we spent all afternoon at his shop (he and his guys actually rolled "The Golden Rod" out of storage to show it to us) and that Neil lent my son his cell phone so we could call my cousin in Harrogate to tell them it might be midnight before we get to their house! (....it was actually nearly midnight by the time we got to their place in Harrogate!) Neil might also remember me from the following year when I met him again at Chickasha!

I'm thinking that "Lord willing and the creek don't rise" and all that, if I stay healthy enough and am fortunate enough to make one more England trip, it may now take a couple days to get from London (Heathrow) to Harrogate, due to possibly making another stop at Neil Tuckett's and maybe even look you up Jem,....... and get a tour of your "new enlarged shop with lift" and your "collection"??? Good luck on your "move",.....that always entails a lot of work & stress,.......harold

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration