FYI 1913 Touring For Sale CL

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: FYI 1913 Touring For Sale CL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 09:47 am:

Found this under antiques....

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/5285670508.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 10:35 am:

The ad says it has the "original green paint." I've seen a lot of other green 13's, but the MTFCI Judging Guidelines says that Midnight Blue is the correct color. Were they available in both blue and green?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Also Mike, the paint on that car still has a shine. I seriously doubt that it's 102 years old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Here's what the MTFCA Encyclopedia says about 1913 colors:

"COLORS: Initially all cars were painted a very dark blue, with either blue or black fenders. Black became the standard color early in the year. Delivery cars phased out and could be ordered in several colors. Delivery Car production ended before calendar 1913."

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

Our 1913 Touring came out of the barn in 1953 with a faded red body and black fenders with all brass lamps. It still has the original upholstery to this day. I doubt that someone would have wanted an old car to have looked older back in the day. Yes it was re-painted in 1954.

seats

Note the leather patch.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration