The Henry Ford 1960

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The Henry Ford 1960
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

I found this today going thru some old photos. My first trip to The Henry Ford on August 20th, 1960

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 01:49 pm:

Very interesting thanks for posting:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

It should still be called The Henry Ford museum and Greenfield Village. Trying to be Aloof by calling it The Henry Ford is stupid. Henry Ford was a lot of things (I mean this in a positive way) Aloof wasn't one of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 06:09 am:

Dan, I agree. My parents took me there in the mid sixties. "The Henry Ford" is just wrong. JMHO. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 06:27 am:

This map reflects the pre-fire configuration of the Museum. I was in the Village with my Dad around 1963? when a fire started in one of the Street of Shops buildings and quickly spread into the wooden farm implements. The paste wax used on the teak floor probably helped spread the fire.

While Dearborn battled the blaze, they asked all guests to leave the Village as well as the Museum and were offering refunds to the guests. My Dad looked at the fire engines and told them they should keep his money and rebuild.

For a year or so following, the hall that is now down the aisle from the iMax had a blackened window while they repaired the damage.

The rest of the Street of Shops survived and provided a backdrop for the fall or winter car show called Sports Cars on Review which was always a favorite of mine. I recall many British makes were shown there. As I understand it, the Street of Shops was Edsel's idea and I was disappointed to see them taken down in the eighties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 08:14 am:

About 1960 the FFA took a buss trip to detroit and at night we went to the Cinerama what a huge screen!! The next day we went to the Museum and i think it had many more cars then? I think the Seldon Patent car [poor joke] was on display.Bud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration