Rock Rapids Iowa 1914-Photo-crossing in high water

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rock Rapids Iowa 1914-Photo-crossing in high water
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 01:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 02:04 am:

The way everyone is looking, including the driver, and a rope, I'd say he's towing something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 03:25 am:

I'd guess that he's towing just a long rope, in case the "T" stalls before making it all the way across and he needs to be towed back to dry land! "Oh ye of little faith", right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 03:27 am:

Actually, in looking closer, I don't think that's a Model T Ford. Maybe that's why the rope, huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 08:06 am:

I think it is already stalled, that is why everybody is there watching?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 08:48 am:

The front fender doesn't look anything like a T to me, but then, what do I know? Looks like he's being pulled backwards out of the danger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

I would think the car is pulling something/or maybe people from the water to the bridge?? The car whatever it is might be a right hand drive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

Maybe he is pulling a rope across so the people stuck on the other side can get to higher ground safely:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

If you look closely, the rope is going upstream. I had an old Indian friend that always told me "look closely" The right hand side of the car is downstream.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

Hard to tell, but I don't think the rope is going up or down stream. I think it's tied to something taller then the car and whatever is, it's being towed across. Look at what I think is a the low wake at the wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

The date says June of 1914 and that is not a 1914 T body - all fenders should be straight without curves. Even the "new" 1915 style wasn't introduced until much later in 1914, and it still should have straight front fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

the car looks to me like a 1913 Studebaker mod 35 they had a tool box like that at the back of the car,you can see the door on it.charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration