Disappointing run of events

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Disappointing run of events
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 02:32 am:

The other day I was backing my T into the shed.
Whilst I was looking out the drivers side (RHD) to keep an eye on the distance between Anastasia and my Mk1 Zephyr, I didn't notice that the shed's pedestrian door (on my left) had blown open in the wind and had rubbed along the edge of the whole length of both fenders and the running board. Taking off paint and clear the entire length of the car.
So I organized for my mate to touch up the paint and this morning when driving out to his workshop, Anastasia failed to proceed. First time in 11 years.
On the side of the road I couldn't get her to fire up, identifying an absent-spark as the culprit.
So I called on another mate, a tilt ray business owner, who transported the T and I out to the painter and later took me back to his workshop where I spent the rest of the morning with much good banter.
In her lunch break, my wife picked me up from there and drove me home.
Over lunch I decided to go back out to the painters and have another shot at getting the old girl to fire up, only to find that she now has a flat front left tyre too.
I just threw my hands in the air and drove back home. If I was a drinker I'd have had a few by now, I can tell you.
CHEERS anyway,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 02:36 am:

Cheer up things sound like they can't get any worse...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 11:06 am:

I think some Model T's have a mind of their own! Twice on the way to church one of my T's cracked a transmission drum. One time I had to use Ruckstell and "California stops to get it all the way. The other time the car came to a screeching stop and couldn't even be pushed. That T must be an athiest! My other T's have run just fine to and from church!

Sorry to read of your troubles. Hopefully your T will start to behave itself!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Anastasia is jealous! You have been spending way to much time with the speedster and not with her!
Can you post some pictures of the speedster build?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:09 am:

Its late Friday afternoon here and I've just returned from the paint shop.
Anastasia is looking much better now and on close inspection I cant see any repair work. A good job, done well.
The really surprising thing is that even though they have pumped the tyre up about 7 times in the 2 days she's been there, (takes about 20 mins to go flat) its now staying up.....and was tight as a drum when I was there.
I've organised to pick her up on Monday.
I feel better now, but I've still gotta sort out the absence of spark when she gets home. (and probably R&R a tube)
Cheers,
Rob
PS; Warwick, I do have pics of my speedster project, but they're pretty awful. I'd feel more confident about posting images of it once I have better ones. (comes from being a retired purist photographer). I'm also concerned you guys'll have a field day, picking my work to bits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stauffacher on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 01:32 am:

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear Anastasia is on the mend. T troubles are a challenge! But, what do you have to keep you busy!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 01:52 am:

G'Day David,
Where have you been hiding, mate?
Is Wisconsin being kind to you?
What do I have to keep me busy, you ask. Well remember I'm modelling 'N' scale, not that easy 'O' scale stuff you're into. LOL
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 03:59 am:

"I think some Model T's have a mind of their own!"

My Model A, Irma was like that. After doing a lot of errands round Xmas time years ago, tired of crowds, I elected to go to just one more place. Irma decided oh no you're not...and no amount of tinkering, adjusting and or looking for problems after all the tinkering/adjusting would she start and the battery was dead...seemingly.

I finally threw my hands up and I gave up and decided to make a phone call to get home and a tow. I must of left the headlight switch on, because as soon as I said that I gave up, her headlights came on. I climbed in and hit the starter and she fired up like I hadn't spent the last 45 minutes fiddling around trying to get her to run.

I think we dote so much on these cars, give them names, they take on personalities of their own and behave as we believe them to be, not just a machine, but a living thing. I know this going to sound crazy, but maybe your car was experiencing a sort of "mechanical depression" over being scraped up and once that was sorted out, she was ready to show you she was once again your pride and joy.
I've had too many cars and more than a few Ford's to believe otherwise...they all had some quirk that was very explainable.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Rob & David,
I have a wonderful compromise for your modelling woes--S Gauge!!! The Perfect gauge--we know why Superman wears an S on his chest!
:-)
Rob, N gauge??? That's so small, it will drive you crazy! Oh wait. . .You're already into Model Ts, never mind!
S'incerely,
David Dewey
PS: Heh, Heh, Heh!!! "Oh, a wise guy, huh??" POKE POKE!

Daylight loco

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration