Just finished the 1926 coupe interior pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Just finished the 1926 coupe interior pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Just finished the 1926 coupe interior pictures26 coupe interior126 coupe interior226 coupe interior4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:20 am:

Be proud of it! Looking good.
Now, drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:49 am:

Hey Austin.
Car looks great. I'm getting ready to do my coupe interior an was wondering if you have pics of it going in.
Not sure where if any wood is supposed to be there.
Any help will be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 07:16 am:

Austin, I would also be interested in how you installed the various upper panels. Did you buy a pre-fab kit or did you fabricate? Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Yes I used a Mac's kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:51 am:

How are the ends of the header (the part where the rearview mirror mounts) mounted to the body? Also, how did you tack the bottom of the rear corner panels down? Mine were originally nailed down, but the nails were hidden under the fabric. There were holes going through the panel board, but not the outside of the fabic.

I am replacing mine with some temporary fabric until I can afford the two grand to replace all of it.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:56 am:

They do nail on including the header panel. My T is missing the bottom ledge that the header panel fits down in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

So, is the bottom ledge made of wood? If so, then my tudor is missing it as well. When I took off the headliner to have the wood rebuilt, the header was part of the headliner, or at least sewn into it. Was this the case with the kit you purchased from Mac's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

No it is made of metal. Some one replaced my header panel with a piece of flat steel on the inside. I drilled holes for the plastic grommets to fit in for the nails in the header upolstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Nice trim job, yes be proud of it.
Just one question, what backing board did you use to trim over.
Were the originals good enough or did to you replacements made???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

Jim,
The nails are small finishing nails, that have small heads. You take the nail, carefully poke it through the upholstery fabric--the idea is to go between the weaves of the fabric, then nail the panel down. As soon as the nail is flush with the material & maybe a little below it, take a dull needle, near the nail and also poke it through, between the weaves and gently lift the fabric over the nail--the "nail hole" will disappear.
Voila! No nails! :-)
Of course, this all assumes you don't bend the nail over driving it in! Ooooops!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

As I recall, on my '27 Tudor, the lower edge of the front top upholstery panel was retained by a full width lip that was an integral part of the windshield hinge.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration