T locked up

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T locked up
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

We had a gale, (near hurricane) blow through Spokane on Tuesday. Knocked the power out so my T has been locked into the garage - the door won't work without power.

Power finally came back on this afternoon, so I will be able to get the T out tomorrow.

Our Spokane trees are not stressed for high winds - very rarely happens here. I lost a 127 year old fir tree. Pulled it right out of the ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

You guys bore the brunt of the storm. There was one house down here to the east that a big fir tree came down, cut the house in half and trapped an 83 year old lady in her bed. She is ok with a few scrapes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

Tom,

We had the same storm hit us in Seattle 1 day before you. 250,000 lost power. Still 28,000 in the dark as of tonight. Stevens Pass closed until further notice due to a overflowing river washing out the bridge support east of Skykomish.

We had a Subaru engine on order from a supplier in Spokane and they have no power to get their doors open to have it picked up.

Hope you had no damage around your place, no power is a small price to pay. We did not loose our power this time but stand at the ready for the future. I had a 15KW automatic natural gas fueled generator a few years back just incase.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 02:16 am:

No wind, no rain, upper 30's but the power goes out around 9:15 tonight. Go figure! The bed of coals in the pellet stove were just about to go out when it came back on. No clue on that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 04:58 am:

NW Oregon coast is looking normal for water and wind. Our wind storms are a few weeks before or after Thanks Giving and water levels in the lakes around home are back to normal level. Power has flashed off a half dozen times throwing clocks off.
I would bet there are lots of unreported deer and elk hits they like to relocate in this kind of weather and often are in my yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 09:11 am:

So can one of you Spokanites check on Burger? He hasn't posted here since the storm. Maybe he just lost electricity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 10:27 am:

We lost power here in western Montana for 9 hours, others much longer. We don't get high winds like that in the mountains here. It really blew. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

It got so cold here that I put on the pajama top and pulled on a blanket and closed the window. We even had a light shower! However, in San Diego, about 30 miles from here, they had very strong winds which blew down trees.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Mark,If we lose power i open the corn stove and dump a cupful of pellets/cherry pits mix and get our gennerator going.I can have the power back on before the stove goes out.Bud in windy Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

Mike, Burger is alive and well, but without power.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:15 am:

"the door won't work without power."

"We had a Subaru engine on order from a supplier in Spokane and they have no power to get their doors open to have it picked up."

I'm surprised that you fellows can't open the garage/shop doors w/out power. All the ones I seen (and that's a lot) have a release to disengage the drive motor so that the door(s) can be opened manually.

(Message edited by Ken_Todd on November 21, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Kenneth; that might work except this stove need power for exhaust venting. The exhaust vent, on the back, is at the same level as the fire box so the fumes have to go up and over to get out. I don't usually have it turned up so don't trust the chimney to be hot enough to create a good pull.
I wouldn't need the stove anyway, by time I got the old Kohlar generator up and running I would be warmed up! Need the gas tank hooked up and a muffler. :-) It's one of the old 4 cylinder jobs, weights about as much as my Model T :-). LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen -- Ham Lake, MN on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

"the door won't work without power."

I'll bet there are a lot of folks trapped on escalators at the Malls too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

Warren, now that's funny! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

We had a snow flurry and 30 degrees today. The snow came down in what in no way could be consider a white-out and lasted nearly 45 seconds. Our idiot Governor hasn't contacted FEMA yet. But remember, he's the one that locked his office in Washington and flew back to Minnesota when there was a rumor of a terrorist somewhere on the East coast. So we have every confidence he'll be calling a Grade 5 Danger level 5 red emergency any second now. Pray for us!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Menkhaus on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

"I'll bet there are a lot of folks trapped on escalators at the Malls too."

That's funny! Made me laugh...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration