Happy 102nd birthday to Otis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Happy 102nd birthday to Otis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 10:11 am:

Otis is 102 today. The engine was cast 11-20-13. Still crank start, runs on mag or battery, doesn't smoke or drip or rattle. Happy birthday Otis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Like! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Doesn't look a day over ninety.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:32 am:

Happy birthday Otis! I agree with Steve! You look great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:37 am:

I enjoy seeing this truck!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:46 am:

That is one of my favorites. Happy Birthday Otis and Shepp.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Great looking truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 02:55 pm:

Wow! What a GREAT picture!

Is that building on your property?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

John,

No smoke, drips or rattles???

Otis must just look like a Model T.

:-)

Happy Birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

In reply to Ken Kopsky, Otis is sitting in front of Possum Lodge in the woods about 50 yards behind our house. For his birthday he got a new set of bands last week. Sure helps when it is time to stop. By the way, I found Possum Lodge in some woods about 2 miles down the road. The little building was built in 1934 during the oil boom by the Strake Oil company as a field office. We jacked it up, put a trailer under it and hauled it home. All original, like Otis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Me like Otis :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

very nice T!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

That is exactly what a Model T should look like.
Did I say exactly?
Yep. Exactly! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Added some age to the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Thanks Ken, I like that picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 05:59 am:

Very cool truck. Great picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

My '16's block was cast on 12-6-15, and stamped on 12-10-15, at about noon to one pm, 28 engines before #1,000,000.That's not long from cast to finished!
So I get to have a '16 T that qualifies as a "pre-16" for HCCA events & is one of Ford's first million!
I thought that was cool when I got it, still think it's cool. Unfortunately, I will not make my goal of having it run for its 100th Birthday. Maybe 101?? My '16 Dodge Brothers also won't be running by its 100th B-day, rats.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration