Sure stop hydralic brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Sure stop hydralic brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold r musolf III on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:42 am:

I'm a newbie but have been lurking for over four years, but it's time to ask a question. I am installing a set of these brakes and noticed that the rotors do not run true to the hubs. I am installing these on a set of Budd wire wheels and know that the back of the hub where the brake drum mounts too run true, but the rotor run out is about 35 to 40 thousands and based on new cars, that will pulse the pedal and brakes on the car. Has anyone else checked or had this issue? I bought these from Bird haven and have called and left two messages but have not had a return call. So here we are trying to get the car out the door for the customer and i'm looking for help... got any? Harold III Seattle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Harold, Birdhaven is a Mom and Pop operation so their phone and email may not be answered every day. Don't give up. I am sure Birdhaven has a outside contractor do the modification work on these sets and I am not sure how good their quality control is. I suggest that you phone Ross Lilleker in College Station, Texas (Texas T's former owner's son-in-law) for advise. He has installed a ton of these kits. Ross's phone is 979-218-4083.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold r musolf III on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 03:16 pm:

I just got off the phone with Bird haven and he assures me that the problem is with my hubs not there workmanship. I will now disassemble the rear brakes from the hubs and check for run out on the hubs. He told me that there is zero run out on the brake rotors after they machine them.
I will call Ross and ask a few questions. Thanks for the advice
Harold III

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration