Heinze coil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Heinze coil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

I wonder if this is a Heinze coil that fit in the later ford coil box?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131655002410?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks
Andre
belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, November 20, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

Andre
I am pretty sure it is.
Here is a photo of the Heinze coil made to fit the 1914 and later Ford metal coilbox next to the Ford coil made for the same coilbox.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 12:10 am:

Thanks Ron,

I Have one 1914 Heinze coil but it has a different contact set up as the one offered on Ebay. This made me doubt about it and made me ask the question on the forum.

This is the coil I have:

This is the coil on Ebay:

I wonder if the later ( not available) contact points can be changed by early (available) contact points?

How those coils, they bring always new questions to me !!!

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Andre
The more I look at the coil on eBay I think it is NOT the same as the one you and I both have. It looks to be larger and the contact arrangement is different.
Ron Patterson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Andre-
It looks to me to be a regular Heinze coil with 1913 points. The bottom contact is the easiest to visual point.

Those 1913- 1914 (ish) coils for the KW wood coil box are really rare.

If you are still unsure, ask the seller for the coil dimensions, and maybe the relative measurements of the contacts.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 02:29 pm:

Thanks Ron, thanks Keith,

I just asked the seller a few questions about the measurements and the places where the contacts are. I also bid some $$ on the coil and will see what happens.
I found also a lot of 5 early coils at the model T haven store.

Will keep you posted

Andre
belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 03:50 pm:

Here is already the answer of the seller.
I need to convert it to metric.

Beste andrefordt,

Hi. Andre. 3-1/4" wide x 2-1/8" thick, x 5-1/16" tall. Contact center, 3-11/16" up from the bottom. The contact center on the bottom is 1-1/16" from the side and is centered in both directions. Thanks for your interest, trader-BOBS
- trader-bobs

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 04:00 pm:

This should be a 1914 heinze coil but why the different contact points??

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

I just found a picture where both kind of contact are shown.
The middle contact plate seems to be 1913 the left and right contacts are like mine 1914 coil

Andre
Belgium

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration