Look what followed me home -Non Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Look what followed me home -Non Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 09:25 am:

I was at our local engine club meeting a little while ago and had a conversation with the family hosting the event and they said that they were thinning out things in the shed and this was one thing they were thinking about selling:

It is a 1932 International Harvester two ton truck.
Some friends and I hauled it back yesterday.
Probably not too interesting to you guys here, but to me it is significant. I've always had a fondness for IH and Theodore Bethmann was my maternal grandfather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 09:28 am:

Looks like a great project Herb, I love all the old trucks, brand doesn't matter. Really cool that it has a family heritage. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Neat truck Herb!

A few years ago, a guy in St. Louis MO was restoring an old truck. When sanding layers of paint off the door, he discovered my grandfather's name on it. He contacted our family, and Grandpa got to see his old farm truck restored. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 09:39 am:

Good find! Wow, that thing is a brute!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 09:44 am:

Lover of old trucks too!!! Awesome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 09:54 am:

That is just too cool, Herb! Congratulations on finding your Grandpa's truck. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Very cool Herb. My TT was my maternal grandfathers truck, so I know firsthand how you feel. Do you plan to fully restore it, go through it mechanically but preserve appearance or what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:25 am:

Good looking truck---1932 was a good year. When you are driving a TRUCK like that--- You know you are a MAN!!!!! Have fun. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:26 am:

Herb,Just as it is that is one good looking binder!! I would be nice to see it just as it is at the OCF as it is 1932!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:32 am:

I don't think that I could ever sand that name off of the door. Right now I think that I should get it running and enjoy it the way it is.
It needs tires. The front are 750-20, and the rear are 32-6. I wonder if they all could be replaced by 750-20's?
I need one lug bolt for a rear dual and a hubcap for the rear wheel you can tell is missing in the picture.
The motor appears to be stuck. If my friend Jim Kraut has anything to say about it its going to be worked on and run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Looks like that trailer was not all that fond of such a big load...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:46 am:

Looks like it might be a good Model T hauler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Looks great! Fantastic find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 11:55 am:

Herb,The 32x6 is the same as a 600x20 and i think you could proably jump to 7.50x20.With those spoked hubs and dayton rims,i think you can do about anything you want!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

Nice find. I always liked Internationals. I've got a 47 1 and a half ton. The bigger ones are a lot of fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Grate truck I am with you live it just as it is .I like things when they tell a story . A friend told me about a early thirty's truck a round hear . But I am afraid to go look . I all ready have to many projects. Looks like fun . Will want's one more .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Perry there are welds in the fenders that I am sure were done by my uncle. I also need to replace a headlight lens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

By golly some people can fall into the deep hole of S**t and come looking and smelling like a rose.

Neat truck and hope you do it well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Herb,

What a fun truck and a great connection with your family's past.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 03:13 pm:

Herb Here is one of our non fords Dad's owned it sense 1959. They are great trucks! Ours is a 1923 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations on a wonderful family piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 03:51 pm:

Wow! Wow! Wow! I learned to drive in the hayfield in an old '45 Ford truck Dad bought at some govt surplus sale about the time I was born. We named it old shakey. We burned the inside of the cab twice and still used it around the farm. Dad used it for hauling scrap iron to Duluth, logs to the mill and hay out of the field. He finally retired it to the grove sometime around 1962 and went out and bought a '51 Studebaker. I still miss Old Shakey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

Couple of farms over from Mom and Dads, Don(RIP), has a 1928 to 31 that looks just like that one except it has a grain box on it. I got to use it when I was still in high school to haul grain with. Darn near broke my arm showing off hand cranking it! Don's son still has it on the same farm it spent most it's life on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

Since Jay is looking for old threads to be revised, I thought I would post to this one for obvious reasons.
I am looking for one hubcap for this truck, a window riser handle and a lug bolt for a rear wheel clamp.
If anyone has a lead on some tires that might fit that would be a help too.

Thanks

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Herb, great find!

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 12:25 am:

Trucks are the only way to go. So much character and they are so often different from each other.

Contact Outback Parts in Spokane for your needs. They specialize in old cornbinders.

Love the look of those wobblies. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 01:32 am:

Herb, there is an antique truck club, ATHS(Antique Truck Historical Society, if I recall correctly), that is headquartered in K.C. MO. right near the airport on I29. They have a bimonthly magazine much like the Vintage Ford. I'm sure there would be some good information and contacts there. They surely have a website, although I haven't checked. As said, great find! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 07:09 am:

Herb; If you lived closer I would be asking my wife if I could go over to Herb's place and play. Good (and very lucky) find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 07:41 am:

Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration