Stutzman wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Stutzman wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

I played navigator for a friend to go to Stutzman Wheel this morning. When there he give us a demonstration of how he makes the spokes.
The machine will do four at a time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

Does anyone have a ball park figure on what astute an charges per wheel to do a rebuild?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

Not astute an! I wanted to type Stutzman and had every confidence that was what I'd get. But this tablet apparently knows my mind better than I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

Mike, that's why Astute An, the Korean philosopher, despises touch pads and similar devices. So do I.

When I bought spokes from Stutzman almost four years ago and pressed my own demountables, the spokes for two wheels cost me $152. That includes shipping to me.

This summer I sent him the rims and hubs to make three round-felloe nondemountables. The total for those came to $223.50 per wheel, again including shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 03:08 pm:

Steve, that Korean feller really is astute. But, I don't figger he's got the talent Mr Stutzmans got. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

They had wheels for Civil War cannons to wood bicycle wheels in the shop. It is always fun to see how he builds his wheels!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

I had a set done two years ago. Noah charged me $170 per wheel plus $1.00 each per bolt and $5 each for the joining plates. That was for wood round fellow 1912 wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

Thanks Royce. I've got four steel felloe wood spoke demountables that are on the verge of needing some work. They look great but they've been shimmed in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

The 4 I had done last year came $928.00 taxes in

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration