Did you ship me an engine?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Did you ship me an engine?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

I have an engine that was shipped to me without any contact information. I know we spoke and I can't find a number or email.

If you did contact me ASAP. You know the color and year as well as how you shipped it. I know where you live.

Sorry maybe OT but I have had this engine at the shop for over a month and haven't heard from the owner.

918 260 2525

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

Mike, if it's a Model T engine, then I don't think it's OT.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 02:29 pm:

That's not off topic at all Mike. Thats a good lesson for folks on the forum to always send good contact information when sending parts or whatever.
I once worked in a shipping and receiving dept. at a manufacturing firm and this happens more than you think. For some reason some people just 'assumes' the receiver knows what to do and who belongs to what.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 09:23 am:

Mike -- Just sit on it for a while, and the owner will eventually contact you asking why you don't have it finished yet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 09:57 am:

If the engine came pre-paid repaired, then it may be one I sent and forgot I did. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Mike, if it a very early open valve engine, It is mine :-) darn memory these days. just kidding ... It does point out how a lot of people think their engine must be the only one someone may be working on, and you should know it is theirs. But it could be possible to have a dozen engines going at once. Back when I was doing engines I could have 4 or 5 engines at one time and I was just a "little guy, nobody" rebuilder. If you get tired of waiting for someone to get it, do not throw it away :-) Ill come get it :-).... Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 11:51 am:

When sending anything like that you must consider the fact that the packaging could get ripped open and the addresses of the sender and who it is going to could get lost.
Twice I have had that happen. Never did find the missing parts.
Once was the new inside gears for a Ruckstell kit.
An engine is easy to mark. Just write right on the block with a grease pencil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 11:53 am:

If it has an "A" crank, a Rajo head and a Winfield carburetor, it's mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (JK!!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 10:36 am:

Maybe someone just sent you an early Christmas present.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 11:00 am:

If it's a Ford and has six cylinders, it may be mine. You know what to do with it (you've already done two). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Mike, I'm sure you remember that after helping me with mine I left wit it.......and so it's not mine. Not that you would have thought it was.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration