Can you Identify these?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Can you Identify these?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

c
cc
ccc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

The second and third pictures, the coil on the right is a Model T Coil. The other 3 coils are not T coils. Perhaps someone else can identify the others.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Dean:

I have seen a wood coil box made for Ford T that had a master vibrator in the center position of 5 positions with 2 coils then on either side of the center mounted MV. Both of those coils on each side had no point mechanism and I recall there being a black knob in the middle of the top so that those coils could be pulled out. This was a solution that Ford toyed with for a very short time before KW showed up with their new coil points that used a unique cushion spring mounted upper contact which solved the synchronization problem that Ford had. I am pretty sure your one coil above it one of those coils used in the coil box along side the MV.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

John: You are correct. I have the box,three coils and the master vibrator coil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

The first coil is a wasted spark coil, The Secondary winding is isolated with two output terminals on the side.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration