Front spring bracket / front motor mount

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Front spring bracket / front motor mount
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 12:06 am:

Does the 1/4'' tapped hole on the front spring bracket / front motor mount face towards the front of the car or towards the motor ...and what is this 1/4 '' tapped hole used for .... it has been a long time since I took my car apart .. thanks for any help .... Joe G.... joeg48@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 12:14 am:

Hi Joe,

That hole faces to the front and receives a slotted screw to retain the radiator apron on the Improved cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 12:42 am:

Thanks Bill .... I forgot to mention I have a 27 coupe ... Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Bill is 110% correct. Its a anti rattle device for the radiator apron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 07:21 am:

Alan forgot to add, "except that the hole in the apron rarely lines up with the threaded hole."

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 08:07 am:

And if you haven't got any apron but still wants to use a late front spring bracket then don't try to hide the screw hole boss by turning it to the rear - it'll interfere with the front of the engine pan. Here's a previous thread about such a problem: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/338224.html?1359342156

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 09:34 am:

I've never been sure of the exact screw to use. I used a oval head slotted, which I think looks much nicer than a flat head. Is this what Ford used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

Larry, an oval head screw requires a countersink in the apron/mounting to sit properly. I think it is more likely to have been a round head.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration