Happy 100 Old Joe!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Happy 100 Old Joe!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

My 1916 T turns 100 today! Engine cast 11/22/15 but darned if I could start him up in this cold weather so to honor him I took the '14 for a spin around the block and he ran beautifully! A little chilly on the face but nice and sunny. BTW, still trying to find a home for Old Joe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

Happy birthday old Joe! Hey Bill, try putting a 100w lamp (I use one of those painters lamps or a brooders lamp) on the head/manifold area for about an hour. Jack up one wheel and open the carb a half turn extra and I bet he'll start. Good luck. Now get going before it gets dark! LOL He looks good! And he wants to go for a spin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

The coldest i ever ran our 14 was 7 above zero and it started with no help.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 03:40 pm:

Two nice looking Ts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 04:17 pm:

He can live at my house for nothing. Send him over. I will provide him with gas, oil, and antifreeze. My other gal in the garage will keep him company.

He is too old to reproduce isn't he???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 04:31 pm:

I don't know, Dave, but when he can get going he has a lot of pep in his step so anything's possible!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Bill, Did you name that after the guy that found it for you? cute name!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 10:33 pm:

Actually, the old fella who owned it just happened to be a Joe as well and I took to calling him that every month when I called him to ask if he were ready to sell it to me or not! I'd tell my boys "Time to call Old Joe about his car." When he finally did sell it to me, I had no problem naming the car - especially since you were the one who gave me the lead on it! Thanks again, Joe Bell!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart. Bakersfield, Calif. on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Nice. Happy Birthday! I love to see Model T's turning One Hundred years old and still on the road. My 1914 Runabout Engine was cast exactly two years to the day before yours. 11/22/1913, Exactly 50 years to the day before President Kennedy was assassinated. My T was made on 12/16/1913. #395707. Happy Touring!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

Beautiful 1916 Bill.

I wish I could squeeze it into my budget. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration