Newbie question about tire pressure

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Newbie question about tire pressure
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Sorry for a question that everyone knows the answer except me.
'22 Runabout has 4 Universal tires, 30 x 3-1/2.
I measured the pressures at each tire at 32, 49, 45 and 36.
The Ford reprint service manual states 27 psi.
Please tell me the correct tire pressure.

It is my first T and I'll most likely post additional questions and hoping that I am not bothersome to anyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Your 30 x 3.5 clincher tires need 55-60 PSI so they will not slide on the rims causing a rim cut and/or a sliced valve stem

No bother, ask as many questions as you will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

Minimum of 55 psi. for 30" clincher tires

Ford requirement.

60psi to 65psi if tires and tubes are new or very good.

The 27 psi. is only for 21" balloon tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

The Ford reprint service manual states 27 psi.
what size tire?

As Bob said...MUCH more pressure required in yours.

You read the reprint correctly (probably), BUT the specs were later changed.

See the last posting on this thread:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/173787.html?1291290588

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration