OT - Thank You to Bob & his wife in Napa, CA ... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Thank You to Bob & his wife in Napa, CA ... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 01:25 am:

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob & his wife late this afternoon in Napa, CA.

After loading a car - they invited me to join them for dinner.

What nice folks !

Thank you so much .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 10:41 am:

Bob Who?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Bob & his wife.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 11:17 am:

Bob does not post here .... much ...

But he is on the forum just about every day ...

But he knows who he is .... :-)

Just acknowledgement of Kindness ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 11:40 am:

What's the point of a public acknowledgment of kindness if the public doesn't know the identities of the parties involved?

Seems to me like it makes more sense to send the note directly to the affected parties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

I know several Bobs, most of them have a wife. I do not know who this one is offhand, although I do know a few people around Napa and Vallejo. But I would be willing to bet that a few people do know who this is, and probably appreciate the clouded comments. I have no problem with postings like this one here, and rather enjoy them.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 04:37 pm:

I thought it was rather nice of Jim, tis the season of Thanksgiving as well, can never over-do that. Enjoy the turkey Jim, where ever your roads may lead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

Must be a Bob from Napa, Ca.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

Maybe he's home for the weekend? (old Napa area joke--referring to the Napa State mental institution)
No Offense to anyone meant, not even to Bob from Napa! I just couldn't resist my cousins' old line when someone did something, uh, silly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

David D, I grew up in San Jose. Napa was as synonymous with that then as Agnews was. A few of us old timers (when did that happen?) get a kick out of the fact that the old Agnews facility is often used by the Santa Clara club for club tour starting points, especially the Endurance Run starting line. It is a beautiful setting. Century old buildings, Expansive lawns, trees, wide streets. With few modern cars on weekends, it is a wonderful place to start the Endurance Run! Just like home.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 11:45 am:

I went up to Napa after their big quake to see my friend Paul. I met Bob and his wife, Paul's neighbor. I also met Brian and his wife, they live down the road from Paul, and Dave who lost his wife a couple of years ago. Bob and his wife drive a Cadillac CTS. Paul still has his faux Porsche speedster and his big Corn Binder, aka the Jolly Green Giant. Yup, nice people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

I believe Bob has a 1947 Willys ? if memory serves correct & his daughter just got married last month in Napa ...

Her wedding dress is in the back seat of the car on my trailer ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Streich - Napa CA on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

OK - I'll fess up, I'm Bob in Napa. I've been a lurker on this board for several years, since I acquired a 1915 Touring barn fresh since '53. The Touring is almost done, thanks to all the assistance I've gleaned from this group. I've been exposed to T's all my life, but this is the first I've resurrected, there's another waiting. I selected Jim to haul my Dad's Mercedes to his granddaughter in Texas because of Jims support on this board. Thanks for all the help.
I don't live at IMOLA, the State Hospital.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

Hi Bob,

Good to talk with you this morning on the phone !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

I wondered who you were Bob. I had an uncle Bob, my sister is married to Bob, and my daughter is married to another Bob. I also go to church with several Bob. We have a few Bob's in our local club, but none of them live in Napa. Now I know who you are, Bob.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

im sure glad you fessed up at least there is 2 sane people on the site plus about a million smart savy people who can help with all our problems best thing I did was to get started on here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 12:05 am:

Thanks Bob !

Your daughter Liesel is very sweet !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Ritchie on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 01:19 am:

The hot rod T bucket in the background also looks pretty sweet.
Not really on OT post with that in the background...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 06:27 am:

For Bob -- welcome to posting on the forum! Of course it comes with request for body numbers... sorry about that. But if your 1915 possibly has a body number under the front seat cushion on the frame or on the right front floor board rise, I would like to add it to our data base. Please see the posting "Home for the Holidays for where and what to look for. http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html Thank you. You can add it here or you can click on my name and it brings up my profile. Then you could send me a Private Message (PM) or direct -- as my e-mail is the third line down. And don't panic if you do not find a number -- if the car was rewooded they often no longer have a number. Also if the car had a metal tag, sometimes they are removed.

For Freighter Jim -- thanks for starting the thread. Even if Bob had elected to remain silent, it was an encouraging post to me.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 06:42 am:

Russell,

That is probably the nicest Bucket T I have hauled.

It stayed in the family - the uncle built it 35 years ago
and it is on its' way to Wisconsin to his nephew.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Streich - Napa CA on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 12:10 am:

For Hap Tucker - Regarding my Touring - It took me a while to dig out the original engine which is not in the car. Engine casting date is 11/9/14, build date is 11/14/14. Car has bulb horn and gas lights with Prestolite tank. When I started restoration, I searched all over for a body number and found nothing. The body is a "B" body with original wood, was in storage for sixty years prior to my acquisition.
I'll try to add a photo.

Bob in Napa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 12:18 am:

Bob,

Thank you for the email & kind words !

Is that Liesel & her maids of honor at the October wedding ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Streich - Napa CA on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 12:41 am:

Jim -

Yes, Texas wedding in California - note the boots!

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 01:09 am:

Bob,

Great shot!

Looks like before they got dressed up ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration