Turtle deck lid

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Turtle deck lid
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 01:47 am:

Is there a source for a 1915. Turtle back lid? I have two that are bent up ( with the latches in place.). Would like to get a new one but could not find any listed in the catalogs or on Rootlieb and Howel's websites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 09:37 am:

Good luck in finding a good one. There is probably one out there but it may take a while to get one that's still in good shape. I have a 1919 Runabout and I saw pieces and parts of the turtle backs before I finally spent the money and bought a good complete one.
You might can straighten and use one of the ones you say you have. There are folks who can do wonders with sheet metal. Don't give up on what you have. You have the latches and that's a good thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 10:26 am:

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_model_t/model-t-ford-trunk-lid-skin-only-roads ter.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 10:32 am:

If you're like me and don't have the expertise to do your own fixing, you may be money ahead to take the better of your two bent ones to a body shop and see what they can do for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

At $73.00 that looks like a bargain!! I need one for my '21 and was resigned to making one. I have the skills and the tools, but my time is valuable to me!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

I wonder who Mac's uses for their vendor for this part. If its well made that's not a bad deal.

I have a Howell's catalogue and they don't show it. Howell's supplies most of the T sheet metal the vendor's sell.

If Mac's sells one I wonder why Langs or Snyders doesn't.

That's a one up for Mac's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 04:11 pm:

If I ordered it from Mac's, I would ask if they had it in stock or if they drop shipped it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

Richard
Why?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

It could be back ordered and who knows when u will get it. I placed an order at Mac's and never did get it. 20 yrs ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Ive been having good luck with macs lately, for a variety of cars, and got my parts as ordered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

Thanks for the leads. At least I know there is an option if these I have are beyond resurrection hopes.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration