Old Photo - Model T Era - Roof Top Parking

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era - Roof Top Parking
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

A business with too much overhead? !0{

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

OK, HOW did they get them up there? Maybe the Tudor is against an elevator door, but then it would block the elevator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 03:03 pm:

That's gotta be about the only way David...sure looks weird...last one there, first one out I guess!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

OK, looked at it again, looks like a Buick dealership, maybe those are all Buicks? Storeage? Other brands, as maybe some are used cars? Looks like one on the right side has a "sunroof" towards the back of the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 03:40 pm:

Tim,

Instead of a sunroof I think it is a pool of rain water on a sagging roof.

If you look at the windshields on most of the cars they are very dirty or dusty so my first guess would be that a storage area for the dealership. My second guess would be that they let them out to watch the Fords go by! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

There's a bunch of Ts up there. Touring car to the very far left has a hole in the top (you can see the shadows of just the top bows on the wall next to it). Coupe next to it is a T, as is the touring immediately next to it on the right. I'm thinking it's their used lot - what they took in on trade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

Touring at the far lower right corner of the roof is also a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Cool picture. Wish we could find a roof top like that. There are T fords out there in storage. Just getting people to turn loose of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Dennis, I think you're right! Just noticed another one, in the foreground, about in the middle looks like water standing there too. Good eye man! This is a neat picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

"All ran when parked",so the seller says.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Yeah, but the car at the far left definitely has a "sun roof" on it.
I would agree that this appears to be "long-term" parking of some very used automobiles. I count 39 cars on that roof--wonder if the trusses were designed for all that added weight? Also note that it will be difficult to maneuver any of them out to what appears to be the elevator door. They did bother to erect a 'safety railing" around the roof though--note that it appears to be just sitting on the roof.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration