Where to find extra long u bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Where to find extra long u bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

The regular u bolts are not long enough to put the cotter pin in now that i have increased the number of leaves in my rear spring from 8 leaves to 10 Where can I find longer ones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

In my area, there is a truck and trailer brake specialties place that has made custom u-bolts for me before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 03:35 pm:

Tom is right and do not think your going to grab a length of threaded stock and make a quality U bolt!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

We have a truck spring shop in the area. That's my next stop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

The factory rear spring U bolts for fordors and pickups are rare, but I found a pair on ebay a few years ago. I put in a bid like there was no tomorrow and ended up being the only bid, so I got them cheap. They're on my fordor, now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Keep an eye out on Ebay, it seems there are folks who follow this forum and when a part gets talked about, they offer it on Ebay. I guess they prefer that to offering it directly in the forum classifieds. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 09:39 am:

John,

How much more length do you need? Or, in other words, how much too short are they? Is it possible to drill another cotter pin hole a little further out on the existing U-Bolt?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

Jerry I only have enough space to catch a couple of threads. Most of the nut is unused so I will need another 3/4 to 1 inch in length

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration