Model T Touring Top Kit instructions?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Touring Top Kit instructions?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:15 pm:

Hello all,

Over the weekend my father and I bought a 15' Touring as a joint project. It needs some TLC but is a good solid car, runs and drives very well. The seller included a new top kit with new bows and top pads but did not have the instructions. I believe it's a Cartouche kit. It looks a bit complicated to try and figure out. Does anybody happen to have a copy of instructions for this kit that they could email to me? If not, any advice on how to install would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Being new to T's, I'm sure this will be one of many questions we'll have about the car. =)

-Andrew
1915 Model T Touring
Franklin Square, NY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Andrew, congratulations on your purchase. I'm in the same situation regarding top assembly instructions. I purchased my top fro Clatique in Ham Lame Minnesota and fully intend to be on the phone to them a great many times. The lady that runs the place seems receptive to questions and I've seen some of her "how to" videos on you tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Andrew,

Do you have the time to follow up on some of the leads in this post?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/321208.html?1352508785

(May help you also, Mike)>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

Or,
call Mac's (Cartouche):

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_model_t/model-t-ford-open-car-top-roof-kit-1-w indow-rear-curtain-cobra-short-grain-touring.html

their current kit contains instructions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

Andrew: Find someone in your area or contact a MTFCA club and get some personal help. It really takes 2-3 people especially when you start to stretch the cover on the bows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

And, sad to say, you may find the top kit doesn't fit, at least many of their roadster ones didn't (multiple folks I know had problems with them).
The most critical part to doing the top is to have the bows in the right place, which isn't easy because you are dealing with 3 dimensions (at least!) and things can be "out of whack" very easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

If you have a fax number I can send you a copy in the AM.

Watch the different videos on youtube. Lots of good info there.

And don't forget to ask a lot of questions here on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 12:23 am:

Welcome to the affliction! Nice looking '15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

Thank you for all the advice. Somebody from near by already emailed me to take a look at his, so I'm grateful. Dave, I'm going to send you a PM soon with my work fax #.

Thanks again everyone, happy to know this is such a helpful community...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration