Ford video showing Closed-car carpet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford video showing Closed-car carpet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Monday, November 23, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Some of you may have seen this before and it may have been posted here in the past. Some may feel the clip is a little corny, but it is a real study in the Closed-car front carpet pattern at least most of it. I plan on having a carpet made in a like pattern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mU9YvtKhDY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 06:16 am:

Nice :-)
It's presented as a 1922 ad, but since the coupe has front hinged doors, it's more likely to have been made in late 1923 to early 1925 showing the '24 or '25 models.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

I am very pleased to see how close the Kit I put in my Tudor is to that. It is a real treat to see. Even in Black and White.

Thanks

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

The last part of the short film clip showing the reaction of the car going in reverse is eye opening.

It looks like the camera guy had to jump out of the way to miss the door going by!

Looking at the original upholstery and the way it was cut and fit looks typical of how T's really looked.

I'll bet the cars that are "show car" quality these days have a better starter button hole cut in the carpet than whats shown in the film clip.

Interesting clip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

It even shows a sewn finished edge around the the starter button. The carpet was originally held in place by snaps. The male side of the original snaps are still in place in my 25 Tudor.I believe Lang's sells reproductions of the original type carpet snaps.

When I have a front and back carpet made I plan on using those snaps in the original locations. I guess there was some kind of thin woven material that went between the carpet and the floorboards although I'm not 100% sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

Thanks for the additional information John. This Illustration shows the Improved (26-27) Closed cars correct? The door strap brackets appear to be painted black. I wonder if it's the same for the 24 and 25 as well?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 02:34 am:

The brake pedal was adjusted to grab quite low down - not much left until it hit the floorboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

Rodger, I thought so also when I viewed the film clip.

Here are some images of the carpet snaps that I have on our Fordor carpets. I installed these over 25 years ago when I did the upholstery an interior of the car.

Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 12:51 am:

John, thanks for posting the pictures of the snaps you used.This is the type I was thinking of. I think these are as close to original at we're going to get.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration