1914 Front Spring Perches

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1914 Front Spring Perches
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

I just learned that there is a left and right front spring perch
I need a pair for my 1914 but Langs or the other suppliers do not list perches for this year. They only show 1919 to 1927.
Where can I buy an excellent set of these perches
Thanks
Garry Potter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

Call langs they have a lot of used parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

If you plan on driving the car I would do one of two things for safety; use the newer perches with the under axle wishbone or use the over axle perches with a brace. There have been a number of cars that have had the front axle fold under using just the over axle wishbone. You can still use your 14 front axle, just change the spring perches and add the newer wishbone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

Garry, I have sets of them that are new old stock or good used. Kim Dobbins

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 01:59 pm:

Kim
Send me info and price to my email . Do you have pictures of the left and right because I do not know how to tell the difference garrypotter@rogers.com
I would be interested in the NOS
Can I install and extra wish bone on bottom for extra support
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

Garry

To tell the left and right of the early perch (early '19-09) with the wishbone hole above the axle, look at the wishbone bore. The 'counter-bore' hole should face the wishbone, or rear of the axle. The 'straight' side of that hole is for the nut, and is flat and faces outboard.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/19767.html?1161568798

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

I'm pretty sure that by 1915 the bosses no longer had the center drilled hole. Ford had designed a special chuck for holding the perch while it was machined, so it was no longer mounted on centers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Thanks for the advice
I am now looking for a NOS set of front perches. Then I will follow the advice
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 04:11 pm:

I think that it was the other way around as far as the perch having a center boss on them. Early had no centering boss which was center drilled for turning. Near the end of the above axle wishbone they added the boss and the boss remained on the perch when they used a under the axle wishbone. That is if my memory is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

still looking for a NOS 1914 front spring perches. Would prefer NOS or top quality only
Thanks
Garry

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration