Car Crazy book signing! First MTFCA member there gets free book!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Car Crazy book signing! First MTFCA member there gets free book!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G. Wayne Miller on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

Join us on for a Sunday afternoon as we welcome Providence Journal Staff Writer, G. Wayne Miller for a book signing event for his new book, Car Crazy: The Battle for Supremacy between Ford and Olds and the Dawn of the Automobile Age.

In Car Crazy, G. Wayne Miller takes readers back to the wild and wooly years of the early automobile era—from 1893, when the first U.S.-built auto was introduced, through 1908, when General Motors was founded and Ford’s Model T went on the market.

Car Crazy is a page-turning story of popular culture, business, and sport at the dawn of the twentieth century, filled with compelling, larger-than-life characters, each an American original.

Event date:
Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Event address:
Barrington Books Retold
176 Hillside Road
Cranston, RI 02920

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Wayne, Your profile doesn't show what car(s) you own, and due to the topic and content of your book, your post above leads me to think you might have an early Ford, or an Olds, or maybe both.

Just wondering if you'd tell us what car(s) you have....just wondering.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

I read the book which i enjoyed and i think i learned much about the seldon patent case and car.Thank you.Bud delong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

Mr. Miller,

If I were in Cranston, the FIRST thing I'd do is to get myself a large cup of Del's Lemonade. The second thing would be a couple of N.Y. System Wienies from Olneyville.

Then I'd check out the bookstore.

Don't let the profile location fool you. My entire family is from Providence\Pawtucket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 07:30 am:

Wayne I just finished reading Car Crazy yesterday. Thanks , I know it will be a staple of T' people and the EFR. Noted that several of the Forum members are listed under the acknowledgements. I would think the Henry Ford and Piquette would want this available in their gift shops......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:28 am:

Wayne I'm reading your book right now, but it didn't come with an autograph. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G. Wayne Miller on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 06:54 am:

Thanks, everyone, for the responses. In order: Keith, I do not (yet) own an early Olds or Ford, though I would much like to (would that I were Jay Leno!); my love of old cars comes from my writing about them (previous car book was Men and Speed, about NASCAR) and owning several, including a '53 Ford and a '50 Studebaker back in my youth. Bud, thanks, the Selden case was one of the longest running business law suits ever and thank God Henry Ford won! Mike, thanks for the great advice -- I in fact live just outside of Providence and love both Dell's and NY System! Robert, several forum members DID help, in a big way, and I am sure THF and Piquette will carry it, as both places also helped greatly in the research (I will be out there in January on book tour). And John, if you send me your copy I'll sign it and send it back! Same for anyone else who'd like a copy autographed. Please contact me via the "Connect" links at the bottom of my main author's site, www.gwaynemiller.com or email me at pascoagwriter@yahoo.com for address and instructions. BTW, if you want to see some old cars, including a 1912 T Speedster and 1904 Olds in action, check out this YouTube video: http://bit.ly/1N8qQvf Cheers, all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

Thanks for the info, Wayne. We all have cars and other things we appreciate and would like to have, but circumstances often prevent it. Maybe some day....

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration