OT...mag light problem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT...mag light problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Schmidt ..... Seattle on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Found a nice 4 cell mag light that the batteries corroded. How can I get the batteries out.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Steve I think they have a lifetime warinty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

VERY CAREFULLY
SOAK IT IN VINEGAR MIGHT HELP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

I had that problem with a 2 cell Mag Lite. I drilled a hole into the bottom of the battery, put a long screw in and pulled it out that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

Whoever made the batteries Energizer, Duracell will warranty the device that they were in when the batteries leaked. I had a 3 cell Mag-Light that I sent in and got a new replacement for. I think that it was Duracell that replaced it. They did send me a new 2 cell Mag-Light flashlight, now I don't need to buy as many batteries. You are responsible for the shipping to the battery manufacturer, which can be almost the cost of a new flashlight now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:45 am:

"I think they have a lifetime warinty"

They do, under normal use,but they are not covered for battery corrosion.

"Whoever made the batteries Energizer, Duracell will warranty the device that they were in when the batteries leaked."

That's good intel to know.

(Message edited by Ken_Todd on November 26, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:56 am:

It will still work as a club in case of an intruder into your home. They just won't see you coming! :-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 06:44 pm:

Aren't you supposed to use a baking soda bath to neutralize the corrosion? That or use just clean water to wash it out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

I thought "mag light" meant these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frederick S. Fernald on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

Wonderful picture, Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Steve I will send you an old Mag-Light to get one of those for free. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to every one here.
Thanks for all of the information that is posted here to keep my new to me Model T going. You guys are the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

If you have a mag light that does not work after replacing the batteries and bulb, take the end off with the spring in it. Remove the sprink and clean it and the cap it fits in real good. They are dissimilar metal and corrode. You may not be able to see the corrosion. Why they chose aluminum and a copper spring, I have no idea. We had that same problem back when aluminum house wiring came into being. But there were many houses that burned down because of it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration