Ben Affleck's new movie "Live by Night"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ben Affleck's new movie "Live by Night"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:08 am:

Seabiscuit has been working on the new Ben Affleck movie "Live by Night" to be released November 2015, the last two weeks in Lawrence, Mass., Boston's North & South Ends and around Copley Square area. The filming crew and people who live in those areas, could not have been any nicer, I even got to say "Good morning" to Ben Affleck !!!! Most importantly we all met & made a great lot of new friends, fellow car enthusiast and saw lots and lots of great cars. I will be working with other picture car drivers on a group tour to be held sometime next summer.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcVqNtkGIuM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:13 am:

Warren: Great ride...... at least you didn't give away the movie's plot ! LOL !! Happy Thanksgiving to you & the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:38 am:

We had a lot of T&As (that's cars I'm talking about) but, the best part was getting to meet all the new car friends and enthusiasts. I'm working with some of them to plan a get together tour sometime next summer.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everybody !!!!

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:40 am:

Warren...congrats on the movie work! You lucky duck you! What I wouldn't give to be able to be involved in something like that. Can't wait to see the movie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Hi Warren,

I remember seeing your coupe on the Lawrence, MA set last Saturday. There were three 26-27 coupes in that seen. Mine was the plain one with black wood wheels, and like yours I was going back and forth on the street in front of the "bank" during the robbery. My '25 roadster was parked along the curb just be hind the two cars involved in the "accident" scene as the robbers were escaping from the bank. My red '24 TT with the canvas canopy over the bed was parked just behind the corner where the get away car made a hard left and headed down the side street.

I was only able to be there Friday and Saturday, but the Roadster was filmed on both days.

It was a lot of fun!

Respectfully submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:52 am:

November 2015? That would be during the next four days. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Steve, that was a type-o, should have been 2017.
Trent, try and post some photos. Wish we had a chance to meet and talk. I thought the red '24 TT with the canvas canopy over the bed, belonged to Don Lang.
Do you want to be informed with the other picture car drivers on a group tour to be held sometime next summer.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Warren

Ken LeBanc's 1927 Model T

Seabiscuit in front of the Fairmont Hotel, Copley Plaza

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

So I wonder how they hide that window air conditioner just in front of the horse's head in the final film? In your first "street shot" which must be on the edge of the set, due to the modern cars in the background, that modern window just sticks out to my mind & 'Monty's News Stand" has a modern screen door on it.
I know, picky, picky!! Looks like it was quite a filming--and will take two years to edit & finish???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

It's amazing what they they change with digital editing. They can remove antennae, modern doors, etc. Pretty soon they may not even need sets and actors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

If you sit through the credits at the end of a movie sometime you'll see hundreds of names. That's why the budgets are typically multiple millions, and why the post-production time is so long. A lot of those folks will spend the next two years digitally removing that AC unit and other anachronisms. I wonder if they know that "natural" wood spokes are pretty much a modern fad rarely seen on Fords in the Model T era. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 09:50 am:

PLEASE NOTE!!!!
I have corrected by type-o, the correct date is November 2017

Steve is correct, they have the very best cameras that money can buy and they edit frame by frame, that's why we did take after take.

Happy motoring,

Warren

correct video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpTG9CzBCe0&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Warren,

In the last picture you posted in your comments above, your car appears to be on the Copley set. My 1925 Roadster appears to be the car behind and slightly ahead of you.

Thank you for posting those pictures.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Thanks Trent, we had lots of fun doing the movie. I was really feeling bad for all those beautiful women in their beautiful flapper outfits , standing there in that cold wind for over 2 hours.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Becca in my '26 waiting for her first lesson driving a Model T and no you can't teach her yourself

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Thanks, Warren...I was just gonna offer my services...wink wink. Cute girl. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Other photos from local newspapers:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

Tim, be careful what you wish for. My wife saw a picture of us together and now we're having the living room redecorated, new furniture, paint, rug, lights and curtains.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration