Gratitude

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Gratitude
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:13 am:

On this National day of Thanksgiving, I am grateful for the abundance of knowledge that so many of you possess and are willing to share with guys like me. I am thankful for another year of great T driving and protection on the roads. I am thankful for my beautiful and gracious wife who enjoys and encourages my hobby. I am very thankful for my healthy, fun boys who are growing into fine young men. I am thankful for always having food in the fridge, heat in the furnace and too many clothes in my closet. And I am thankful for God's blessings and patience on our great nation. Happy Thanksgiving to all - enjoy life today!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 08:38 am:

Bill, couldn't have said it better myself! Happy Thanksgiving, and God Bless America.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:04 am:

Amen !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Happy Thanksgiving and a couple of extra prayers for our country and all those that love it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:14 am:

Happy T Day Mr. Bill !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:47 am:

Well said and in complete and total agreement!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:19 am:

Bill, thank you. I've been thinking all week how blessed I am and how blessed we are as a nation. Dietrich Bonhoeffer said
"It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich". When it comes to the Model T affliction I can't help think about all the friends I have made, some whom I have yet to meet. There are many I have met from Canada, Australia, clear down to Florida and back a crossed to California. I'm pretty conservative by nature, but I try and leave my politics out of the hobby. Most of us want the best for everyone, we just can't agree on how to do it. In stead of uniting we let the politicians divide us and conquer. This forum has so many great people with a wealth of knowledge that are willing to share it not only on the forum, but to hop in their truck and drive 100 or 200 miles to help out a fellow Model T'er. Last month I had two of those guys at my house for 3 days, one drove 1500 miles the other 900(both one way) to help me with an engine. We have so much to be thankful for when we just look around. It is a choice, there is always someone with more and someone with less, someone who wants shiney brass and someone who prefers rust, someone who wants it 100 % original and someone who could care less as long as it goes down the road. I hope everyone has a very blessed Thanksgiving and for the day forgets about politicians, water pumps and ECCT's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Well said, Life is what you make of it no matter what your circumstances. Happy Thanksgiving. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Bill,
Very well said. I am also thankful for a patient moderator that puts up with all of us, and hold this whole thing together.
Chris thank you, your work does not go unnoticed,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Thoughts to live by....all well said.

I am thankful for all we have, our excellent standard of living, and the wonderful country we live in.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 03:07 pm:

I have to agree with Don Booth! Probably the "nicest" thread I have ever read, and I totally agree with everything said in it! Like John Steele said, I have also been thinking for some time now, that I don't believe that I could possibly list all of the things that I have to be thankful for! I can say for sure though, that all of my friends on this forum are certainly one of all of those many things that I am thankful for,.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

No arguments on this thread! We all have many things we can give thanks for.

The friendships we have made with people like Kirk and Susan and the many others here are just one of the numerous things we gratefully give Thanks. I also value the opinions offered by everyone that posts them here.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

The family and friends have departed. Bill I was hoping someone had started a thread such as this. I would like to add my "thank you" to the many folks who do so much to support our hobby. And a special thank you to Chris for making the forum available to us.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration