Early one in the snow-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Early one in the snow-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Looks like a convention of undertakers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:51 am:

I think I need a smaller derby, or a bigger head...........!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:13 am:

Looks like Oliver Hardy standing in front of car. As always, nice pic Herb. Sure would love to see your whole collection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Just curious ... do you have any tintypes of model Ts ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

Tim - The guy standing in front of the car looks more like Oliver's buddy,...Stan,..... to me,........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

Kinda' fun to put imaginary captions to some of the old pictures from Herb, Jay and others,......

This one looks like the disheveled looking guy in the back seat (obviously the driver) is pretty well worn out from cranking, and after taking some verbal abuse from "Stan". probably just finally told him,......"okay Mr. Know-it-all, "YOU" see if "YOU" can start the #@%* thing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

O.K.,...to finish this, the guy standing next to the R/R wheel just said,...."hey, if you guys are gonna' just argue all day, I'm just gonna' walk home!"

And the guy in the front seat, who is obviously the president of the bank where these guys work, is just thoroughly disgusted with the whole thing and wishes he'd just gone to lunch by himself!

Okay,....I'm done. Yeah, my kid always says,....."dad, you need more to do!"

Oh, and by the way, because I haven't responded to any of the recent Thanksgiving Day posts,.....I'll take this opportunity to say happy Thanksgiving to all and by all means, drive safely, Model "T" or otherwise........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

I believe the suits are Pinkerton men and the guy in the back is the very last train robber in the US. The reason they can't start the Ford is one of his gang members stole the coils out of the coil box.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

brasscarguy - ....nice to know that I'm not the only one who needs more to do,....ha, ha,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:37 pm:

brasscarguy - As a retired railroad cop, I shoulda' recognized those Pinkerton guys,....thanks for getting me "straightened out",......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

Harold I think you're right. For the life of me I can never keep those two straight!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

Further proof that long term exposure to snow CAN stain tires white

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 08:12 am:

Don't let Stan touch a thing!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/b0bc3e23f7da54bc5db6880e78e1f77a/tumblr_nvdwurhCUu1u2 ioxuo1_400.gif

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Koch on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

BUT, there are no tire tracks ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

Russell - Hmmm,.....you're right. And no shoe prints either! No "photoshop" in those days either, so all of the joking and silliness aside (mostly mine), kind of a hard one to figure out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 03:07 pm:

And,....it doesn't seem like it could have been that the car had been sitting in that spot since before it snowed, because there is and amount of undisturbed snow under the car that looks just like the snow in the foreground,.....???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

Look closer. There are tracks in front of the car, and in front of the rear wheels, pretty hard to see though. Looks to me that the car was backed into position. They show up better with the picture expanded. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration