Dimensions needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Dimensions needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

The cost of 09-10 repro tie rod bolts is $42, more than I want to spend. So I figure I'll make a few sets out of an old axle shaft. I need the dimensions of the top cap, the slotted head. The rest is the same as the later style I figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

Forget using axle shafts, the core does not machine well at all. I may purchase some ultramachineable carbon steel from MMC. Its almost more headache than its worth. I may bite the bullet and purchase the repos.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration