Mostly back in one piece!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mostly back in one piece!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

I spent last winter & spring disassembling my 1915 runabout so I could paint it. So for a long time I didn't have a "proper" car, just an assortment of parts. It is finally (mostly) in one piece again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

That's sweet!! Nice job and sure to create many a good times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Popadak on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 09:48 am:

Pretty car. The 1926 wheels are what I would like to do underneath my 1914 touring (an assembled car). The front wheels are on. How did you do the 26 wheels on the rear axle, with a 1926 rear axle or ?? I have some new 6" brake drums that I was going to redrill for the wire wheels. How did YOU do it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 10:16 am:

I bought the adapters from Lange s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 10:22 am:

I thought there were adapters for 28/29 Model A wheels to wood wheel hubs only, but now I saw they have adapters for 26/27 T wires to wood hubs too: https://www.modeltford.com/item/2888T.aspx

The car looks great anyway :-)

(Message edited by Roger K on November 27, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Wayne,

It really looks great and shows how far you came from the photo on your profile.

Ben,

One of the easier ways to adapt the 1926-27 Ford wire wheels is to use one of the adapters Roger mentioned above.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 10:32 am:

No they are 26 Model T wheels. Langs sell an adapter for the 26 wire wheels using the wooden wheel hub. Besides the bolt pattern the adapter makes up for the thickness of the wooden spokes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Popadak on Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Thanks everyone, what I've been looking for to still keep the 14 rear axle

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration